Wednesday 8 November 2023

Share The Dignity #ItsInTheBag 2023: What's In My Bags To Donate

It's that time of year! While shopping for Christmas presents, I always include a couple extra items on my list to add to my donation as part of my bag for the Share The Dignity #ItsInTheBag campaign.

This year I decided to pack a bag for a teen as well as a bag for an adult. They may be homeless, they may have fled domestic violence, they may just be really struggling at Christmas time. The bags are filled with the essentials everyone deserves and a few extras to make them feel special.





What I Will Be Donating This Year:




How You Can Participate:

From the 10th to the 26th November, you can drop off a new or gently used handbag filled with some essentials for a person in need at Christmas time and drop it off at your local Bunnings. Share The Dignity volunteers collect the bags and then distribute them to local charities so they can make a difference.

To find out more about the different kinds of bags you can donate, who benefits from your bags, and what you can/can't include in your donation, check out the It's In The Bag website.


What You Need to Include In Your Bag:




And that's it! Of course, you can always include a few optional extras if you have space in your bag and room in the budget this Christmas - there are more suggestions on the It's In The Bag website. This year my extras were little toiletry bags, lipstick and lip balm, mascara, hand sanitiser, tissues, face masks, journals and pens, hairbrushes and scrunchies.


Want More Inspiration?


Other bags I have donated in the past:



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : 
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 





7 comments:

  1. Mica, this is just such an amazing tradition that you have!! I love all the things you put in each bag and the woman and teen that receives those will be incredibly blessed because of your kindness! I don't think we have anything specifically like this in my area, but we do have churches who take up donations of necessities. I love this idea of putting things in a nice bag that can be used!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do this season! All the women that receive these items from you are so blessed.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the best tradition. You are amazing for being so thoughtful and generous. You make such a positive difference in the world! Thank you for inspiring me to do some good today <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact you do this every year.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you do this every year, Mica! I'm doing multiple fundraisers this year for local charities - we have to give back, right? Your gifts are really going to help some women and girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful thing to do Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...