Thursday 2 March 2023

30 Ways To Wear a Navy Floral Print Duster

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll recognise this floral duster as one I frequently wear. Unsurprisingly I've reached over 30 wears with it, so I thought it would be a good time to finally feature it in its own 30 ways to wear post.

30 Ways to Wear: Navy Floral Print Duster


30 ways to wear a navy tropical floral print duster from jeanswest |  awayfromblue

This duster goes with everything! There are so many bright colours in the tropical floral print that I'm never really struggling with what to wear with it. It was hard narrowing it down to just 30 outfits to share in this post! I love cover ups in summer, for sun protection and also to help with the adjustment that happens when you go outside from bright warm sun into cooler airconditioned indoor environments. I've worn this one a lot in the other seasons too, it's so versatile with jeans as well as shorts.


Cost Per Wear

I bought this Melanie duster in the Jeanswest buy one, get one free sale back in January 2020. Originally $80, it was reduced to $39.99 and I got a $30 tee for free as well. So I struggle a little with knowing how to price it! I bought it with a gift card also. 

If I should split the cost across the tee I got, it comes down to just $20. And at 32 wears so far, that works out to 62 cents a wear. (On the other hand, it's $1.24 per wear if you count the purchase price and exclude the tee I got free in the deal). And with owning it for 3 years, it's averaging around 10 wears a year, or almost once a month, which fits in with how often I feel I reach for this duster, which is a lot!

I'll wear it with anything, dresses, skirts, jeans, shorts...so I'm focusing on some different colour combinations in the outfits I've worn it in. Here are the 30 of my favourite ways I've worn it so far. It's definitely a keeper in my wardrobe.


Navy Printed Duster With Blue


The most obvious pairing for me, as blue is my favourite colour, is to wear this navy printed duster with more blue pieces! As you can see in each of these outfits, anything from turquoise to chambray or even baby blue works well with the navy background of this duster.



Floral Print Duster Over Neutral Outfits


With the bright tropical floral print, this duster has so many colour combinations you could wear to match with it. You can also keep it simple and stick with a neutral outfit underneath, to let the colours and print really shine. Sometimes I'll add a bright accessory too, like a necklace or bag, as you can never have too much colour!



Navy Floral Duster With Orange


There isn't any orange in this floral print duster, but I do really like navy and orange together, so I gave the combination a go with an orange top I love. As you can see, I liked it so much I repeated it with other orange pieces in my wardrobe!



Floral Print Duster With Yellow


Another citrus bright with this duster! Although mustard is my favourite shade of yellow, other shades pair so nicely with it, even when not an exact match to the shades of yellow in the floral print. Not everything has to match exactly.



Navy Printed Duster With Red


With a few red flowers in the print, wearing some red with this duster is a nice bit of matchy-matchy. As with the other colours above, I like different shades of red with this, from a bright almost coral red tee, or a burgundy tee or jeans.



Floral Print Duster With Pink


If you look closely, there are a few pink flowers in this print, so as with the red above, it's a good excuse to try all the different shades of pink with this duster. I have a fondness for magenta pink, but I like the non-matching lighter pink shades too.



Navy Floral Duster With Purple


Purple and blue is a colour combination I like. Although there are a lot of other colours in this duster, like red, that I wouldn't pair with purple normally, I have enjoyed wearing different shades of purple with this duster. From the deep purple jeans, to the deep wine purple or even the lilac tee, it's an unexpected combination I enjoy wearing.



Navy Duster With Green


Just like with the purple above, there isn't any green in this floral print. But I like navy and green together, and I've found with the navy background of this duster it works so nicely with any shades of green. Those olive shorts I really like wearing together with this duster!



Shop Similar Dusters Under $50:






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

28 comments:

  1. I always loved the print of this duster! It goes with everything!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with wearing my own kimonos/dusters, and here you are rocking 30+ outfits with this one! That topper is one of my favourites of yours, Mica! I think I prefer it with the pale yellows and reds and the blues that match the pattern the most, but I'm surprised at how much I like it with orange and purple too!

    One of the issues I have is the weather - it's often too hot to wear my dusters in summer, or not warm enough! I also can't wear a coat over them and end up carrying them in a bag to wear once I get to the office. I guess I'm just going to have to move to Australia, lol!

    Anyway, you are ROCKING this in every way! Thank you as always for the inspiration! Have a fabulous weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happen to know a pretty awesome city in Australia to live if you do want to move, haha! I do think they are perfect for our climate here and they work so well with casual outfits, which I'm in most of the time! Definitely have become a staple for me :)

      Delete
  3. It is cute. I don't think we wear dusters enough. We need more of them in all our wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job getting 30 wears on this duster.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. That duster is one of my favorite pieces in your wardrobe! And wow! It is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun, and with all those colours in the print it is so versatile :)

      Delete
  6. It is such a fantastic piece! I'm glad you've been able to get a lot of wear out of it so far. I love how versatile it is.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my favourite duster/kimono of yours so I am not at all surprised you have reached 30 wears with it! Such a versatile garment, the variety of outfits you paired it with is just incredible! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It shows the versatility. I love the way you styled this so well. I hope you are having a fun weekend.https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/03/controversy-surrounding-discontinuing.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This a great piece, obviously super versatile. Love the print, you got your moneys worth for sure. My favorite look is the one with the green jeans and blue converse, and how cool you got a $39.99 tote for free.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tee :) And sadly it's been a while since I shopped at Jeanswest as the sales haven't been that great again - the buy one get one free was awesome!

      Delete
  10. That cost-per-wear is really amazing, Mica!!! And it's a piece that is so versatile. Love love love:)
    Hope you're having a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love grabbing pieces on sale and getting tons of value from them!

      Delete
  11. So many great ways to rewear items. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color of your duster! It goes so well with many other items and it’s versatility is worth every penny! I hope you are well and having a great weekend! It’s raining where we live so another indoors day for us.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com I love the color of your duster! It goes so well with many other items and it’s versatility is worth every penny! I hope you are well and having a great weekend!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you styled it with so many colors Mica. I'm thinking you should say you got it for free since you had a gift card, haha.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I always count the price even if it was a gift card - although it's not technically my money, it helps me see how I choose to spend the fashion budget I have :)

      Delete
  14. one piece of clothes and so many ways how to wear it - love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. My February was pretty much fun =) You're welcome.

    Great post with nice outfit inspirations. I can't wait for spring to wear shorts again <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mica, there are a lot of different combinations of an outfit you clearly love to wear. I'll bet it is a god send for when you do go into a air conditioned environment. I especially love this kimono paired with the navy top, red trousers and black sandals. It is cool you can work out the cost per outfit. I hope you and the family had a great weekend : ) xo

    juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love how many different bright colors on top that you layered under it that work so well with it!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the colours in the print it really does seem to work with everything! It's so awesomely versatile :)

      Delete
  18. This duster looks great and it's surely versatile considering you were able to style it into 30 outfits. And you really can't beat that cost per wear which I believe is one of the best ways to gauge the value of pieces in your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely, tropical duster! And it looks so good with purple--always a plus in my book, ha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I tried it with purple for something different!

      Delete
  20. As you probably know since I comment this probably every single time there's a floral duster/kimono in your posts, I LOVE all of them! This one is gorgeous and love all the ways you've styled it in these looks.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all for your comments - these posts are really fun to put together :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...