Friday 10 October 2014

Star Print Shirt, Metallic Skinny Jeans | Purple Tee, Stripe Maxi Skirt

The last two of my Fox in Flats September Style Dare outfits!

Here's what I wore to my mother's group:
Sparkes Zara star print shirt Sass&Bide metallic skinny jeans
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklacevintage gold initial necklace
Shirt: thrifted Zara star print shirt
JeansSass and Bide 'Three Words' metallic gold jeans
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs


The style challenge for the day was "Sparkles". As I don't have anything covered in sequins, I thought about my star print top or the metallic jeans, then thought about wearing both together. When I put it on I wasn't sure if it was too much, the star print and the shiny jeans. But I figured the point of participating in style dares is to try something different and wear something you wouldn't usually, so I happily wore both out to my mother's group with baby.

Sadly, I didn't get a chance to wear this outfit anywhere after the mother's group. Right as we were about to leave, baby T felt unwell, and my clothes copped it. Had to throw them in the laundry right away! It was a fun outfit to wear for a few hours though. If I hadn't had the challenge, I definitely would have picked a different top.


Last worn: Wayfarers, star print blouse, metallic skinny jeans, Havaianas.



Here's what I wore to go to the doctors and spend time with family:
Post Baby Outfit Purple tee striped jersey maxi skirt casual SAHM
TeeJeanswest 'Lucy' colourblock tee in orchid/grey marle
SkirtTarget black and white striped maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs


This was the last of the style dare outfits I managed to photograph for the blog (I played every day on instagram but didn't always get a blog photo). Kinda fitting in with the "all black" challenge with a black maxi skirt, but only by chance. I wore this a few days after the mother's group outfit above, when my mum and sister came over for the day to help me take care of baby T. We had planned a girly day out shopping, but with baby still being unwell, we couldn't really go anywhere. We are blessed to have so many family and friends who will help us care for baby and work around his needs.

This maxi skirt and tee combination is what I put together to look presentable enough to have people over, go out to the doctors, and still be comfortable enough to take care of a sick baby. I had time to take a photo too with all the help I had, so grateful. I actually wore this combination for a few days - changing the top and skirt as needed while I looked after baby T. Partly because all of my jeans were quickly added to the laundry pile, and partly because maxi skirts feel as comfortable as pyjamas when you need to grab a quick nap as baby naps! And my pyjamas were piling up in the laundry too.....

I thought life with baby was messy, but life with a sick baby is so much worse. Really happy baby T is back to normal now!


Last worn: purple tee, striped maxi skirt, Havaianas (above).





Linking up with Fashion Item Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

26 comments:

  1. 2 Great outfits, Mica. The star blouse (I own a similar one) and maxi skirt are so cute. I'd wear both of these poutfits. So simple yet totally put-together.

    Enjoy the weekend, pretty lady! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flip flops, Mica in that metallic tone and the maxi skirt is awesome on you. Man that was way nice of you to tell me I can have or do anything I make my mind up to. Wow, that is a grand compliment, especially now. So glad we are friends! Fashion ITEM Friday is always great with you here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Renae! It's true, you've been through so much, you can do anything! :)

      Delete
  3. Love that purple top with the strip long maxi skirt. I have been living in long skirts in the past two months. I hope to find more for the winter season as I love wearing tight and boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skirts can be great in winter - maybe even with leggings underneath, haha!

      Delete
  4. Oh no I hope baby T starts feeling better soon :( having a sick baby is the worst! xx

    Thrive on Novelty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! It wasn't fun, but he is back to his normal self now. So nice to see him smiling again!

      Delete
  5. I really do love the idea of those metallic jeans with that star print top - it goes with the theme! :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went really well! I probably wouldn't have worn it out on my own otherwise, I'm glad it gave me a bit of a push! :)

      Delete
  6. Those metallic jeans are so cool!

    xo T.
    www.initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need that star print shirt! ;)

    Tatyana
    Secret little Stars
    www.secretlittlestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, using a star pattern to convey "sparkles" - you're so creative! That top is very pretty on you!
    And I hope baby T gets better!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure I'd have enough sequins - so thought the star print would do, haha!

      Delete
  9. I really like that first outfit, Mica! Sorry to hear baby T was sick on them!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to wear for the morning until his little accident at least! :)

      Delete
  10. Those metallic jeans and printed top look so good together Mica! And I love that purple top and striped skirt. I have one I haven't worn yet. It has a black top, but purple is another option.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore that blouse, and it looks lovey on you with the coated denim. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. xx/Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely looks
    and I like your hair
    especially on the first look♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, hope Baby T feels better soon! I absolutely love those metallic pants - so fun and loved that you challenged yourself to wear something a little bit out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn! He is back to his normal smiley self! :) It was a fun challenge, good to try something a little different :)

      Delete
  14. I love the purple and striped maxi outfit. It's fun, colorful, and relaxed looking. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That star shirt is divine. Love it and sad to hear baby T had other plans for it. Oh well, you still had some fun with it. And great to see that striped skirt out and about again.

    Have a great week Mica
    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad it came clean in the wash, haha! :)

      Delete
  16. The black and white maxi skirt with that rich purple hue look so nice -

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...