Monday 6 April 2015

Blush Pink Boyfriend Blazer. With Striped Tank and Shorts, LBD and Heels for the Office

As part of my shopping in March, I crossed an item off my want list, a pastel pink blazer! I was really excited to find one at a good price in the outlets, and excited to wear it. I'm worried it was a case of something looking great in the change room and not working when you get it home as neither of these outfits are really striking me as great outfits...sharing them anyway.

What I wore:

Pastel Pink Boyfriend blazer worn with denim shorts autumn pink

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
Jacket: Jeanswest Nadine 3/4 Sleeve dusky pink blazer (new purchase)
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
Tank: AT By Atmos&Here Orion stripe tank
ShortsJeanswest printed denim shorts
ShoesAsos 'five star' leather sandals
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere (with Coach feather bag charm)

Why I wore it:

I was excited for a slightly cooler day so I could wear my new blazer! I really wanted to wear this with jeans but despite the rain it was extremely humid, so shorts it was.

Thought this dressed up a shorts and tank outfit nicely, although it does look a little odd in the photos. I think it's the length of the shorts and the blazer not working well together. We went out for lunch and a little bit of shopping.


Last worn: stripe tank, printed shorts, leather sandals, Louis Vuitton Speedy bandouliere. First time I've worn the blazer.

Other ways to wear: striped tank and paisley print skirt, printed shorts in summer, sandals with dressesspeedy bandouliere with skirts.









What I wore:

dusty pink pblazer french conenction little black dress Balenciaga part time heels office wear

Away From Blue Blog Balenciaga Part Time Bag
JacketJeanswest Nadine 3/4 Sleeve dusky pink blazer (new purchase)
Scarf: Paris print silk scarf
Necklace: custom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
DressFrench Connection fitted little black dress
Shoes: Wittner 'Bloomy' black heels
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Firstly, let me say that I know this outfit would have looked better without a headband. With running late, only having a few hours sleep, having a bad hair day and not having hair long enough to tie back, I had to go for a quick fix and settled on the scarf. Probably looked a little out of place in the office. I had one colleague tell me I "looked very 1930s". I just said thanks and that I'd take it as a compliment! It had been a tough night with an unsettled baby so I was more impressed I made it to work on time and less worried about the overall outfit.

Last time I wore this dress I was using the cut to disguise what I thought was a very visible first trimester baby bump. It has a little gathered section under the fitted waistband that's quite flattering and hides a slightly protruding belly! Works post-baby too ;)


I'm trying to review all my new purchases on the blog, to encourage myself to style things differently when I buy them and think about how they will work in my wardrobe, to make sure I'm not buying things that will just sit in my wardrobe unworn and adding to my overflowing closet. You can read more about why I'm doing this here.


As it's the second time I've worn this blazer, my purchase review:

This blazer is something I've been wanting for a while! It's a cute dusty pastel pink, and after seeing all the northern hemisphere bloggers with their pastel pink coats for winter I thought I'd buy into the trend for autumn. Don't really need a wool coat in Brisbane, a blazer will do. When I tried it on in store I tried it with a pair of skinny jeans and thought it looked good. A little creased and crumpled, but I reasoned that as it was spring stock it was bound to get a little creased from being in the outlet a few months. After wearing it once above, I quickly realised it was the material itself - it creases so easy. And dry clean only is not ideal for life with baby! Pastel pink is not the best colour on me (I now know after my personal stylist session), and the long-line boyfriend style length is not great on a petite frame.

However, I'm keeping this jacket. I really want to make it work! Even if I do have to iron it constantly, and neither of these are my favourite outfits. I know that when the cooler weather eventually comes to Brisbane (still in shorts in Autumn!) I will be able to wear it with jeans. And I could try belting it too, and wearing it with brighter scarves and tops to balance out the paler blazer. What do you think? How else would you style this blazer? Or should I just cut my losses and admit I was too overexcited by finding a pastel pink blazer to consider how it really looks on me?


Last worn: pastel blazer (above), French Connection LBD, black heelsBalenciaga Part Time.

Other ways to wear: black headscarf with black maxi dressbelted cardi over a LBD, ankle strap heels for a night out, black bag with grey outfits.




Linking up with Styled Up, Let It Shine, Style to Inspire, Mix It Mondays, Manic Mondays, Real Mom Style, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, What I Wore, Wardrobe Wednesday today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

48 comments:

  1. perfect blazer for spring!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a really good blazer to have, just have to try a few more things! I was going to suggest belting too, definitely a good thing to try when you're not sure how to make a piece work
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think belting is the way to go, will try that next! :)

      Delete
  3. I like the pale pink on you - I think it's really pretty. I wouldn't worry too much about the wrinkles...just roll with it! I would wear it with jeans, or a deeper pink patterned skirt or blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have a darker pink top I could wear with this! Thanks for the inspiration! :) And as soon as it cools down I'll be wearing this with jeans. Come on autumn!

      Delete
  4. I love the color of the blazer! Looks so stunning on you :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the duster pink blazer...it looks amazing both with shorts and that LBD. Absolutely fabulous outfits, both of them<3
    I hope you had a fantastic Easter!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The headband is cute! I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes I like to have something that stands out a bit on outfits!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think once the cooler weather arrives you will feel differently about the pink blazer. The color is lovely! Plus it works so well for any skin tone. It's actually going to be the color my bridesmaids wear next September (2016). So I totally agree with it being an all year round color. Can't wait to see the other ways you style it!

    No one blames you on the scarf! I wish I looked that cute it one as there have been many awkward pony tail days here in the office. The looks I get from some people. haha Hope baby T sleeps better for you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's just going through a rough patch, teething and lots of changes with me going back to work. I can't wait for the cooler weather, I'm hoping the blazer gets lots of wear then! :)

      Delete
  8. I am loving both of these outfits! You have such amazing style! (PS - I'm in love with your Louis bag, as well.) You can do no wrong!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pale pink is so pretty! Love how you styled both of these outfits!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that blush blazer is so pretty! I don't know if I like it more with the black dress or with the stripes! Both looks are so cute...I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blush looks beautiful on you, what a great blazer and bag.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's a great piece! Bummer about having to iron it constantly, but I wouldn't know that from looking at these photos! I'm obsessed with all things blush right now!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a trendy colour I see it everywhere haha, that's probably why I felt I 'had' to get it. I think I can put up with the extra ironing as I do really like it.

      Delete
  13. A pastel blazer is the perfect spring piece - I've been loving mine and you just gave me a few ideas on how to style it. LOVE the first look!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh glad I could give you ideas! :) I'd love to see how you wear yours to give me some more outfit ideas! :)

      Delete
  14. Don't you dare get rid of it Mica! I love it with the stripes and shorts! I think it looks too cute. Try it with one of your striped maxi dresses or skirts. I think it will look good with a long skirt also.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I should try it with a maxi! Thanks for the idea Kim! :)

      Delete
  15. Ahhh, this pink boyfriend blazer is just perfection! I love the soft shade and how it complements both your outfits so wonderfully <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blush pink color on you! Perfect for spring!

    xoxo, Christina

    Stray Birds and Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  17. love love love the pink blazer! I want one!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute outfits! I really like the blazer a lot! XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your second outfit
    So coachella look
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you are being too harsh and critical of yourself! I think the blazer looks stunning on you and the colour suits you. It will also look great with a pair of skinny jeans or more tailored trousers and I think the creasing is just the look of the blazer and doesn't need to be constantly ironed out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely need the weather to cool so I can wear this with jeans! :)

      Delete
  21. I really love wearing blazer, but it is still too cold to wear blazer and shorts in UK. However, the weather is getting warmer so I think I will be able to pull out the look soon! Love the colour of the first look too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh the pink blazer was such a good find! I know you said you didn't feel like either outfit was great, but I totally disagree - I like them both! I love the headband with the dress outfit - such a great touch! Such a bummer about the wrinkles though - I hate dealing with things that have to be dry-cleaned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I'd checked the label in store haha I wouldn't have bought it if I'd seen. dry clean and a baby isn't the best combination...will see how I go with it!

      Delete
  23. Oh Mica! You are so cute. When I first say "what i wore:" I thought you had a tiara on your head. Silly me. lol Thanks for your compliments and wonderful loyalty. You GO GIRL!! !! !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the blush coloured blazer and/or cardigan!! so charming, so darling!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  25. Urgh, wrinkly things! I have avoided ironing for many years but lately have had a few items creeping in that need a good going over . . . hence they hang in the wardrobe for ages (MONTHS) before I get around to it. That said, the blazer is super cute so it's worth working on. I love a good item rescue story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely something I want to make work as I'd wanted it for a while! :)

      I find my 'non iron' pieces get worn a lot more often than my 'ironing required' pieces. They tend to sit in a pile waiting for ironing for quite a while, haha!

      Delete
  26. The boyfriend fit does overwhelm your petite frame a bit--at least in the first outfit. I think it has to be worn with something a bit longer on bottom. The second outfit is perfect though! It pops against the black dress. I'm glad you're going to try and make it work. I'm sure with pants it'll look great also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your honest opinion Lauren! <3 I think it is the length of the jacket and shorts not playing nicely together! Definitely need to wear it with pants. Just waiting on the cooler weather, haha! :)

      Delete
  27. The pink blazer fit you perfectly. Love both looks.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this pretty blush pink blazer on you and you've styled it so well both ways!!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both outfits and I love you LV <3
    Love Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely love that blazer with stripes! It's perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this! I can't wear blush (it washes me out) but it look fantastic on you!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you all for your kind comments and suggestions for how to wear my new blazer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like the pink blazer… even though it needs constant ironing.
    I'd love to see it belted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely have to give the belted look a try! :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...