Friday 13 February 2015

Blue Outfits, JORD Watch Review

I still have a backlog of outfit posts, but wanted to jump ahead a little and share these recent outfits from last week, as I'm eager to share my JORD watch review! The watch was provided to me free of charge for reviewing. As always, all opinions and outfits are my own.


Here's what I wore to go out shopping with baby T:
Summer Style Chambray Shift Dress White Scarf Studded Sandals LV Speedy

Away From The Blue Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere JORD Fieldcrest black
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Scarf: white target crochet detail scarf
DressEzra chambray shift dress
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch C/O JORD Watches
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere (with Coach feather bag charm)


Thought this dress would be a nice 'backdrop' to show off my new watch! I've heard that old rule that you shouldn't wear blue and brown together, but sometimes, like here, I think it works quite well. I didn't need the scarf for warmth as I was only popping out to the shops in the morning with baby T, it's just a cute decorative piece I thought was pretty with the dress. It actually keeps falling off the scarf hanger I my wardrobe and I keep resolving every time I put it back up to actually wear it soon, it's been long overdue a wear.

Paul from JORD watches contacted me and asked me if I would like to try a piece from their collection to review. I'm currently still on maternity leave and a stay at home mum, so there isn't a lot of appointments I have to get to by a set time. A watch is still helpful for me to have though, I've actually been thinking about wearing a watch again. Much easier to glance at my wrist to check the time rather than trying to find wherever I last left my phone when looking after a crawling baby.

I had the choice of 3 different styles, the maple Elly, the Fieldcrest black and the black and maple Sully. I picked the Fieldcrest as I liked the darker colour, even though the band would be too long (they have measurements on their website to guide you when shopping). No matter what watch I would have picked it would have needed to be resized. I'm petite so I've just gotten used to wearing things looser on my wrists. As you can see in the photos, the band is really large on me! I do want to get the watch shortened a little though so I can wear it for everyday. I think having it fitted would look nicer. JORD mentions on their website that you can resize it yourself if you have the right tools too, but I can't find a screwdriver tiny enough so I'll need to take it to the experts. I love the large face though, I think it's so beautiful.

The watch stands up to life with baby well. It survived the day, even sliding up and down my arm. It's such a unique piece, people do comment on it too. Mostly saying 'is it really made of wood?!'. I've only had it about a week so I can't review how long it lasts, but it's been ticking well since I got it, and I haven't had any problems. It looks and feels really high quality. Each watch comes with a warranty, and I've found them to be really quick and helpful via email if any problems were to arise.

The packaging is really impressive, as is the fast shipping. It only took 2 weeks from the US to Australia! If you're in the market for a watch I'd recommend JORD watches, as the wood is an interesting twist to a staple item. It would make a nice gift too, it comes in an adorable presentation box. You could always slip a little 'IOU a cute watch' in your Valentine's Day card and pick out a watch together for your partner...


Last worn: Ray-ban wayfarer, white scarf, chambray shift dress, Balenciaga sandals, Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere.




Here's what I wore to go out with baby and have my mother in law over today:
Away From Blue Balenciaga tempete day Asos Grey tee Navy Roxy Printed Skirt
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus necklace in pop
TopAsos new forever grey tee (on sale!)
Skirt: Roxy succulents pleated skirt in Indigo
ShoesAsos 'five star' leather sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Balenciaga coated stud wrap bracelet in icy blue
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete


Ah, this outfit! This is what I had planned to wear all day, the morning being spent with baby T in his stroller. It's easier to wear a skirt when baby is in his stroller and I'm not running around bending over after him. By the afternoon though, the skirt had been replaced with a pair of denim shorts. Partly because the skirt just feels too short for life with baby! I've mentioned that last time I wore it too.

This skirt will be leaving my wardrobe. As pretty as it is, it's just not practical for my life right now. I don't feel comfortable in it. It will be so much easier getting dressed each day if I am faced with options in my wardrobe that I love and work for me for any situation, rather than having a wardrobe full of 'maybe one day' items. Slowly cleaning out my wardrobe, one piece at a time!


Last worn: Asos forever grey teeRoxy mini skirt, sandals, Balenciaga Tempete Day.

Leaving my wardrobe: Roxy Navy Pleated Skirt

Away From Blue Aussie Blogger Summer Outfits 4 ways Roxy Navy Miniskirt


Linking up with Fab Favourites, Passion 4 Fashion, Fashion Item Friday, Casual Friday, Skirtista Diaries, The Style Files, Let It Shine, Modest Monday today.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

29 comments:

  1. i've never heard of not wearing blue and brown together before - as far as i know brown is the opposite end of blue on the colour wheel and these pairings are complementary.. i love the look of dark wood against navy - one of my all time favourite combinations. a watch with a wooden bracelet - what an amazing idea! love the one you picked out, that chambray backdrop is perfect! x

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just a rule for guys, you know the 'you can't wear brown shoes with a navy suit' rule? I spent far too long thinking you couldn't wear black and blue together too so maybe it's just a really old rule haha.
      I've never dressed around a watch before, glad you liked the outfit! :)

      Delete
  2. I like black & brown together and have no problem wearing them and I think it looks great on you. I am glad you are evaluating your closet and deciding what stays and keeps. If it's not practical, it totally make sense to toss.

    Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously missing summer looking at all of your chic tropical weather outfits! I love how easy and chic you pull everythung together! Some of the stuff I definitely would wear myself like the gladiator sandals and short cotton comfy skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that watch is so pretty! Love the wood-like texture of it - it really makes a statement :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wood details of that watch. There's something so timeless about watches that will never go out of style. Plus they make fantastic statement pieces! You are so lucky to have a such a long maternity leave. Ours in the states is only 6 weeks. I was an emotional wreck leaving my barely 1 month old at the time. I'm so happy you get to spend that much time with him! (: Maybe a move to AU is in order? (; Have a wonderful weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should definitely move here, it's beautiful! :) I am very lucky to have the long maternity leave to take advantage of :)

      Delete
  6. Great review, Mica! Impressive watch. I love watches. Thanks for your support of Fashion ITEM Friday, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that the watch is wood! I hate that so many watches have such giant bands - but it's an easy fix at a watchmaker, so go for it. Good for you for booting that skirt out of your wardrobe! Now you can get another one! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes now I have room in my wardrobe for one of my 'after baby' box of skirts..sigh I have boxes of clothes and nowhere to put them!

      Delete
  8. Two really cute outfits Mica.
    I really like the denim dress! I think this is such a fun piece!
    x Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea that there was a rule regarding wearing brown and blue together. In fact, I think it's a classic color combo! The denim shift you're wearing is so cute and comfy looking :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it's a really ooooold rule now haha after all these comments!

      Delete
  10. such cute outfit... and what rule? i think brown and blue work well together. i definitely love your bag!!!

    ps. when you get the chance, please join the giveaway on my blog! thank you!

    xo, Carla
    www.carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember learning 'you can't wear brown shoes with a navy suit' so I just took that to mean you can't wear blue and brown together I guess haha!

      Delete
  11. That is such a cool watch! I love that first dress on you. It's fun to see all the ways you have styled the skirt. I love those Asos sandals, so the last two are my favorite.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Ezra shift is really nice on you Mica. And the combination of it & your blog name made me smile ;)

    Amber. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off, that is one of the coolest watches I have seen, I mean made of wood?? And they are so trendy!! I love the light caramel with grossgrain finish one in the options you have shared here. Very interesting find and thank you for sharing!! I love the skirt on you, but I totally get what you mean by its not one of the things you feel comfortable in anymore. i have a few items like that, that I just feel I have outgrown and now needs to find a new home. Hope you had a great weekend!!! Being Indian, I was watching the match yesterday night , ofcourse not all night, but did watch it!! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome watch! :)

      I think I need to be more honest with myself when something (like this skirt) is no longer working, and more open to letting it go from my wardrobe.

      Delete
  14. What a great statement piece a wooden watch would make! Two great style renderings. Love the new Ray Bans! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the first outfit. That bag is perfect!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaww too bad about the skirt leaving your wardrobe! It's cute!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking watch & a classic bag!

    xo, Michelle Paige
    www.michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen blue & brown together, and it can look pretty. Love your dress. That skirt is so much fun. Looks great styled different ways. Fabulous watch.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that chambray dress so much! It is so flattering and the two-tone aspect. So, so cute! And the watch is so lovely. I love that it is wood. So original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really unique! I haven't seen anything like it before!

      Delete
  20. I particularly like the second look - sorry to hear that its going away. Although it does make sense that you have garments you can bend over in ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's just not quite so practical with baby, such a short length!

      Delete
  21. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...