Monday 3 November 2014

Spring and Summer Denim Outfits: Shorts and Skinny Jeans

Two denim outfits - a Spring-y one with layers, and a summer-like one with denim shorts. The heat shot up suddenly here in Queensland, giving us a taste of the hot summer to come!


Here's what I wore to go pick up our new car:
zara tweed blazer peach cami skinny denim jeans spring layers
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Zara frayed basket weave cardigan in blue
NecklaceDogeared 3 Wishes stardust bead necklace layered with vintage gold initial necklace
DressJeanswest peach ruffle cami
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


You might remember me on the blog a while back (while I was still pregnant!) talking about going car shopping. We eventually found the perfect car and placed an order shortly before baby T arrived. There was a mix-up at the dealership unfortunately, so there was a bit of a delay. It's been a long wait, and after lots of updates from a very apologetic sales guy, we finally have the car we wanted with all the bells and whistles and safety things for baby! So exciting! My favourite part is that it has little air conditioning vents in the back - perfect for keeping baby and Cooper cool on a hot day.

Wanted to look a little dressed up for going to the dealership so added the tweed cardi over the top of the casual jeans and cami outfit. I wore the outfit without the jacket when I went out that morning with baby, but we picked the car up in the evening when a light jacket was helpful.

This cami top is one I got from my sister as part of her wardrobe clear out. Such a great piece, I'm glad she didn't want it any more.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Zara cardi, skinny jeans, Havaianas, Marc By Marc Jacobs baby bag. First time I've worn the top.




Here's what I wore to try to avoid melting:
Stripe tank denim shorts Havaianas summer style
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Singlet: Cotton On stripe sailor tank in dusky green / grey marle
ShortsJeanswest denim cuff shorts
ShoesHavaianas tropical print thongs


Such a hot day when I wore this! Defintely no need for an extra layer. I honestly felt like I was melting, and baby T had a hard time coping! Out of nowhere the Spring weather took a turn and treated us to a little bit of summer heat. Was quite a shock to the system for me, and a bit of an upset for baby T, poor little man has never felt such heat in his life. I had to venture outside to the post office, so wanted to wear as few clothes as possible to do so, yet still look decent. A light-weight tank and denim shorts was good to try keep cool, and for lounging around at home afterwards trying to cool down again. It was not as cool in the morning as I hoped it would be, but at least we were back home before the real heat of the day. I wasn't up for standing out in the sun again just for a picture, so stayed inside the house to take this, haha!

I've only worn this tank once before, over a year ago. I do recall trying to wear it in pregnancy, but the baby bump had outgrown it when I tried. I don't really wear green a lot in my wardrobe, which might be another reason it hasn't been worn much. I did enjoy wearing it this time though, so it's staying in my wardrobe for now, and I'll make more of an effort to wear it over the warmer months to justify keeping it. I have quite a few pieces like this in my wardrobe - great sale bargains I just had to have...which don't end up getting worn much at all. I need to keep this in mind when I shop the sales racks in future!


Last worn: Wayfarers (see above), stripe tank, denim shorts, Havaianas.





Linking up with Let It Shine, Style to Inspire, Mix It Mondays, Real Mum Style, Trend Spin Linkup, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

31 comments:

  1. Loving your summer looks, M!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Loving both of these looks! That tweed jacket is amazing!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your fun summer look with the shorts, and the frayed cardigan is very pretty! :) Congrats on getting the car sorted. xo
    Autumn Layers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look very lovely, I love the jacket is the first look, she look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that woven jacket! Hope you had a great weekend!

    http://accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jacket! Goes great with your top!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous outfits! I love that cami you got from your sister! xx

    Thrive on Novelty

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tweed jacket = perfection!! LOVE the way it adds structure to a loose, flowy top! Very very pretty!
    Glad the mixup at the car dealership is resolved! I find car shopping to be so stressful but lucky for me, public transport is sort of the standard where I live (most people I know don't have cars). What kind of car did you guys end up getting?

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Public transport is pretty good here too, but the car is so much easier with baby! Ended up getting a Golf :)

      Delete
  9. Mica, I'm so glad you got your car! And you looked great picking it up! I love that peach with that jacket. The little ruffle looks so good! I've got to copy that.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love your jacket in the first photo! So chic. x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit! I like your denim shorts! They suit you really well! :)
    -Olivia

    www.foxandmint.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tweed blazer! Such a cute and pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the jacket and skinny jeans so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, I love your jacket!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute... we are just heading into winter wear here. Gah!!

    Andrea @ mommainflipflops.com #realmomstyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving that first jacket of yours! Too cute!

    x Sarah
    http://www.bohochiccafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its so funny to see you in Summer clothes when over here it's getting to be so cold! I do like the peach ruffle cami but the blue freyed jacket is stunning. I love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new car - I am sure you are glad it finally arrived.Really like your cute striped tank look - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking so lovely in both pics! Great styling in both photos. I sure wish it was warm enough for shorts here! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i adore that blazer from the first outfit!!! so feminine and chic!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that tweed cardigan paired with peach. congrats on your new car!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your talk of summer totally throws me off - haha, too funny! Love the tweed cardi you tossed on, and glad things worked out with the dealership! That could've been really annoying.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha yes the impulse sale buying - it's a hard habit to kick. nice score though - and yay so glad you finally got your car!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! for the new car and that it has all the features you want for the baby and of course for Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooper loves the aircon vents in the back just as much as baby does, haha!

      Delete
  25. cute outfit.
    love the contrast of the blue jacket with the peachy colored top.

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the car luv! Sounds perfect.

    That tweed jacket is so pretty and as for your shorts look..... OMG - you look AMAZING!! My thighs are jealous - just sayin :)

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...