Wednesday 12 November 2014

Grey Tee, Black Skater Skirt, Patent Mouse Flats | Peplum Tank, Purple Skinny Jeans

Black two days in a row! Black and grey and then a little more cheerful with black and purple.

Here's what I wore to visit a friend:
Monochrome grey oversized tee jacquard skater skirt patent mouse flats
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
NecklaceHouse of Harlow 5 station necklace in black and silver
TopAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves
Skirt: Jeanswest 'Helena' black jacquard skirt
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs mouse flats in black patent leather


Baby T and I went out despite the hot day to visit a friend and chat for a bit. So nice to be able to wear this skirt again, it's from the "after baby arrives" box I added clothes to as I outgrew them during pregnancy. It was mainly full of skirts and work dresses.

This skirt was something I wore in the early stages of pregnancy to help hide my tiny baby bump in the office. The little flare of the skater skirt style helped me feel less self-conscious about my belly. At the time the first trimester baby bump felt so huge, haha! Of course by the time baby T arrived, I was overdue and feeling very, very large!

Last time I wore this skirt I paired it with a grey tee also (and the same shoes!), but added a bright handbag for a bit of colour. Kept it monochrome this time, as all my things were in the black baby bag.


Last worn: Ray Ban Wayfarers, grey v-neck teejacquard skater skirt, patent mouse flats.



Here's what I wore to catch up with the ladies in my mother's group:
Zalora black peplum tank purple jeanswest skinny jeans Aussie Spring Outfit
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
TopZalora basics ruffle hem tank in black (on sale)
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs


Another catch up with some ladies in my mother's group at the local library. They have a weekly session for babies and it's fun to go there and sing some songs with baby T and chat with the other mummies outside of our regular meetings. Plus, it gets baby and I out of the house again, something that's really needed some days ;)

It wasn't too hot in the morning, so I wore jeans. Also stopped by that beautiful flower-shedding tree again to try get a better picture when walking Cooper. I prefer this angle over the last picture in this spot. Although really it might just be due to there being more flowers on the ground this time around!

I wanted to wear a little something to add a bit of interest to the peplum tank, and I picked out a scarf in the morning. However, by the afternoon (when I took this pic) I'd already removed the scarf as it was getting a bit warm. I do think this outfit would have looked better with a scarf though. What do you think?


Last worn: Wayfarers (see above), peplum tank, purple skinny jeans, Havaianas.





Linking up with What I Wore, Style Me Wednesday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Thursday Favourites, Throw Back Thursday, Spotlight Weekly today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

30 comments:

  1. I am all for the second look Mica, you look impeccable, I would just switch the flops for the black Marc Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! I'm just too addicted to my flip flops, such a Queenslander ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for linking up!! You look darling & warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flats are adorable! I love the peplum with the purple too!

    Come link up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
    L,
    Vicky
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The catch up with the ladies sounds like lots of fun, I'm glad to see you are enjoying yourselves! I rarely pair black and purple together, but I really love how it looks, I should definitely give it a go! And the mouse flats you are wearing in your first outfit is definitely one of my favorite shoes of yours ;)

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my mouse flats! :) they are very cute! :)

      And it's been wonderful catching up with the ladies multiple times a week - good to get out of the house when all my other friends are stuck at work haha!

      Delete
  5. You look so cute in both of these looks! I really like the purple and black together. Yes, a scarf would add more to this look, but I think it looks quite nice on its own. I am Loving your little mouse flats - how fun and adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these simple and put together outfits! The peplum top goes beautifully with colored skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the flats and the purple pants!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those purple pants are a great colour!

    xo T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those purple pants! And those flats are adorable! xo Andrea

    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm falling for your purple pants <3
    must beautifullll!

    http://ladydiene.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the peplum and purple jeans look! They are such a pretty shade of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those mouse flats are everything! I love them so much. I love hearing about all the great stuff you are getting to do as a mom. You sound like a natural!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like both looks and would wear that exact outift to mothers groups, and sometimes worn with a sacrf as you mentioned:)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the black and grey combination, and your casual roomy peplum top is lovely. xx/Madison
    The Great Outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catch up with friends and baby are always a good idea. I love the simplicity and ease of the first outfit and the second, the colour combination is amazing. Loving those indigo pants.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the purple jeans but I think this time I prefer the first look as you suit grey so much and it's such an effortless look. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so good in black! Love how you paired it with grey and purple. Those mouse shoes are the cutest. It's cool you meet up with other mothers. What a wonderful support system.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely being able to meet up, as our babies are all similar ages so we are all going through similar things! I'm very lucky :)

      Delete
  18. I love the second outfit but u should pair it with some flats!!! Come check out my site when u have chance...

    -Roxanne
    Http://www.myfashionontherox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Queenslander in me just can't give up those thongs for the hot weather though, haha!

      Delete
  19. I love how chic all black look always is!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That peplum top looks sooo good on you! Love it with the colored jeans too.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  21. So nice that is spring now and the trees are flowering! My favorite time of the year.
    Love your cute mouse flats too, those are always so fun.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would absolutely adore some bunny flats actually! If you ever come across any, let me know!

    Our wardrobes change and adapt so much over the years. I have so many office pieces that I will probably never wear again but are too lovely to pass on. I've teamed the jackets with jeans and worn some of the Cue dresses and memory taffeta skirts with sandals during the day. I must get ruthless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to be more ruthless too. it's so hard when you love a piece and want to keep it, even if it doesn't match with your current lifestyle!

      Delete
  23. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...