Thursday 27 February 2014

Professional Second Trimester Office Wear: Marc By Marc Jacobs Fran Bag, Pencil Skirts from Soon Maternity and Asos

Here's what I wore to work on Wednesday:
second trimester baby bump professional office wear outfit idea soon maternity pencil skirt

marc by marc jacobs carob brown Fran handbag worn on arm
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette layered with Dogeared silver wishbone necklace
TopFrench Connection cream dot print top
Skirt: Soon Maternity Flora fold pencil skirt (new purchase)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs logo plaque flats in camel
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown (20% off at shopbop with code 'BIGEVENT14')


Wednesday was a big day at work! I tried on a few outfit ideas to look as professional as possible. It was the kind of day where if I'd had a suit, I'd have worn it. Ended up settling on a top and pencil skirt combination, I think it looked okay? Much too warm for a blazer, although it was a consideration for a while.

A few weeks back I had a massive "I have nothing to wear to dress the bump" freak out, and had the urge to go shopping. Knowing that most of what I would buy would be temporary, I hunted on ebay and put in some low bids. This pencil skirt is one of the items I won.
I've heard good things about Soon Maternity, and at $75 new, I got it for a complete bargain second hand. However, it's the wrong size and pretty worn, nothing like the description. I figure for the next couple of months I can put up with it, as it was the only cheap plain black maternity pencil skirt I could find. The seller massively overcharged on postage, so it wouldn't be worth my while returning it. At the very least, it's a good reminder to myself to not get carried away with pregnancy hormones, and be careful what I buy online!


Last worn: French connection print top, Marc by Marc Jacobs camel flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag. First time I've worn the pencil skirt.



Here's what I wore to work today:
away from blue pregnant blogger maternity workwear shirt and asos tartan pencil skirt

MbMJ carob brown fran bag hermes rubis kelly silver bracelet stack
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklace: sterling silver monogram necklace C/O MyNameNecklace.com.au
Top: thrifted Just Jeans red pleated shirt from AWLQ jumble sale
SkirtAsos panelled pencil skirt in tartan check on sale! (materntity version here)
ShoesWittner 'Bolla' black bow detail flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Edenborough Evans 'Ivy' silver cuffHermes Kelly double tour bracelet in rubis
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown (20% off at shopbop with code 'BIGEVENT14')


Today's outfit was one of my Wednesday rejects! Thought that a plain pencil skirt would have been perceived to be more professional than a printed one. This was absolutely perfect for a normal day in the office. Really liked this outfit, even better than yesterday's. More cheerful with the colour I think.

Might not wear this top again in my pregnancy though, I felt like it was bursting at the seams a little over the baby bump. I even got a "wow you look massive!" comment, which just made me giggle to be honest. I'm aware my belly is huge and I'm pleased baby is growing well. People can say what they like, as long as my OBGYN is happy and baby is growing normally, I'll keep expanding! Especially when I keep craving chocolate ;)


Last worn: Ray Ban wayfarers, red shirt, Asos tartan maternity pencil skirt, Wittner black flats, MbMJ Fran bag (see above).

Linking up with Fashion Informant, Three-Fer Thursday, Casual FridayWhat I Wore to Work, Fashion Item Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

43 comments:

  1. you're glowing! I'm so happy to see your baby bump growing so well. Love that monochrome skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! It is great to see the bump growing :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely outfits! The baby bump is so adorable!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red outfit..very pretty.. :) Hows the lil one comign along? when is the due date??you are sooo glowing mommy-to-be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Baby is doing well! I'm due in June, so not long to go now! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the print on the second skirt, it really looks great with the red top and the I love the cute little polka dots on the first outfit. You're looking great!
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! i hate when i buy things online and they're completely different than their description! at least you didn't spend a lot of money and the skirt does look nice in photos.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I can put up with it not being the perfect fit for a little longer, won't be long before baby arrives! Just so frustrating, ebay can go so wrong sometimes!

      Delete
  6. i definitely needed some maternity skirts when i was pregnant! will have to keep Soon Maternity in mind for next time. :) you look beautiful!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have some lovely pieces! I have a dress from them coming soon too, really good quality :)

      Delete
  7. Perfect styles!

    http://fashmongers.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That black and white check skirt is so cute with red! And why do people say things about your bump getting bigger? I could never figure that out. I think you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I think most people don't know how to talk to pregnant ladies! :)

      Delete
  9. You look lovely in both - and you're wearing that black and white skirt i like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can imagine people would make all sorts of funny comments!! You are doing beautifully! Great to see some respite from the hot weather this morning. Keep pacing yourself. Xxx :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you flora! :) I am trying to take things slowly and relax more :)

      Delete
  11. Looking gorgeous dear! Hope you and the baby are doing ok :)

    Keep in touch on BLOGLOVIN

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't even think about shopping on eBay for maternity wear. Awesome idea Mica! They're so expensive and you won't be in them long. Saves you money girl. I love that red top on you. Such a pretty color.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebay doesn't always work for me with clothes, but I figured I'd give maternity wear a try. Although this skirt was a bit of a fail, at least it was the colour it was supposed to be I guess! haha! definitely saves money when purchases work out :)

      Delete
  13. Haha I say you enjoy all sorts of comments regarding bump! It's a precious time and treasure every moment of it!
    Ps for some reason I'm sensing you are having a boy lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bag is timeless and you can use all year long :) The top looks great on you, by the way! xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, bags are always timeless investments! :)

      Delete
  15. Haha aw the joys of pregnancy :P
    Hey, chocolate? That baby has good taste!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby has very good taste! Chocolate, ice cream, cheese....the bump wants it all!

      Delete
  16. What kind of a person says you look massive? Probably an innocent foot in the mouth thing, but really, you don't look massive, more just right for second trimester. What a pain about the skirt being quite worn and not your size. I found some nice maternity things at Big W believe it or not, perhaps somewhere like that or even Kmart is worth a try, especially as you won't wear them for long. Have a good weekend Mica. sparkle2day.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!
      I have seen the Big W maternity range, although not purchased anything yet. Although I've tried 2 kmarts and just got lost trying to find the maternity section....next time I'll have to ask someone for help! haha!

      Delete
  17. Cute dog!!! Love the outfit! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Mica! I love your tops and bags in both outfits. Tremendous!! I am so glad you love Fashion item Friday. Well, I think you love it because you are so nice to be here each week. Awesome!! And ...thank you for the compliment on the fun new watch. yay! ♥

    Ps. I love the white with dots top the most. It is darling on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I don't wear it nearly as much as I should, but it is a nice top. And I do like Fashion Item Friday, thank you for hosting the linkup! :)

      Delete
  19. Oh my gosh, first of all, you look gorgeous!
    Mica, I am so happy for you that all is going well, and I will tell you...although I have always maintained a slim figure before pregnancy (I'm petite, but quite hourglassy! hee)
    I never felt more beautiful than when I was bigger and pregnant....what a miracle!! :)
    So excited for you...
    You are a hot mama! :) You have such great taste and style, I don't think you could ever go wrong with your choices.
    Warm hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Irina! I'm trying to wear my old clothes and stick to my personal style as much as the growing bump allows :)

      Delete
  20. I really like the skirt in your second outfit! And I wouldn't have even known that you're pregnant without reading. I think you're rocking those outfits.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look stunning as always!
    Love both of your looks!
    xoxo
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have the same bag in black! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag! One of my favourites! :)

      Delete
  23. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'm so inspired mica, this is amazing pregnancy office style!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Was just looking back at this super cute post and wondering if that skirt is still available.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...