Saturday 24 May 2014

Non-Maternity Clothes in Third Trimester: Dresses and Leggings and Sales!

Here's what I wore to spend the day with my sister on Friday:
Away From Blue pregnant brisbane blogger third trimester belted tunic dress leggings

Rebecca Minkoff canary yellow swing tote mixed metal bracelet stack
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklace: gold heart shaped necklace layered with vintage gold initial necklace
Dress: Zara printed bib front tunic dress
Belt: Kmart thin gold glitter belt
Leggings: Cotton On
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Disney Couture Winnie the Pooh bangle
BagRebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow


On Friday my sister and I went into the city for lunch, shopping, and to check out the Reebonz handbag sale at the Hilton. Although I fell in love with a Balenciaga tote bag (out of my budget now with baby on the way) and a Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet (vetoed by my sister as she didn't like the colour) we left the sale empty handed.

Was still a great day though. We had fun shopping after lunch, and had dinner and watched a movie in the evening. Not entirely sure why Queen Street Mall had these decorated horses, but lined up with the tourists to have my photo taken anyway. Something a little different!

This was a nice simple outfit, good for walking around all day, and the dress accommodated both the baby bump and all of the delicious food we ate! Had been wanting to try pair this tunic dress with leggings since I worried it was getting a little short in the second trimester with the bump in the way. Pleased I got a chance to give it a try in the third trimester, was much more comfortable with the leggings underneath.


Last worn: Ray Ban Wayfarer, printed Zara dress, gold glitter belt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff yellow Swing bag.



Here's what I wore today:
french connection star print jersey dress leggings non maternity clothes in third trimester

Rebecca Minkoff swing handbag worn double strap on shoulder
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Necklacevintage gold initial necklace
DressFrench Connection star dancing jersey dress in red rust/almond
Leggings: Cotton On
Shoes: Cotton On thin strap thongs in black
Bracelets: the usual plus two metal and fabric Roie Designs bracelets
BagRebecca Minkoff Swing bag in canary yellow


Enjoyed the dress and leggings combo yesterday, so wore it again today for a relaxing day. Didn't need a belt though as this dress has it's own built-in belt attached :) Spent some time with the in-laws, they've picked their "grandparent names" for baby to call them. Baby will be extremely lucky and spoiled by both sets of grandparents.

It's currently the Memorial Day weekend in the US, so there are a lot of sales online. I've listed a few below, and I always keep the sales and discounts list up to date as well.


All of the above ship to Australia too. Happy shopping!


Last worn: Ray Ban (see above), French Connection star print dress, Cotton On thongs, Rebecca Minkoff Swing bag (see above).

Linking up with Passion for Fashion today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

39 comments:

  1. Your red dress is gorgeous on! Matchy matchy with Woofie's lead. Talking of names, have you decided on one for the baby? I imagine you are getting more and more excited for its arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still haven't got a single name in mind, we will be going in to hospital with a little short-list I think haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm still wearing loads of non-maternity clothes at 35 weeks, makes it a bit more interesting each day doesn't it than repeating the same maternity bits over & over again! You look lovely in both, have a good long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's much easier being able to wear old favourites and expand the maternity wardrobe that way! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like such a fun day! Sister time is the best. I'm so glad you lined up to take your picture next to the horse. It's cute! Love both outfits.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very cute and colourful! Just wish I knew what it was for, haha! :)

      Delete
  4. Sometimes window shopping can be just as fun, and I love those horses! It seems like all the major cities like to do those kinds of art installations, they are just pretty and tourists love them ;)
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, always nice to have some unexpected art work! :)

      Delete
  5. Such cute looks, leggings and dresses are always a good idea :)
    And ahh memorial day sales, haha. I was bad and got Phillip Lim boots at Barneys Warehouse XD
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I wanna see your boots! I didn't buy anything, but that Marc by Marc Jacobs bag is calling me...such a good price, and I love purple! :)

      Delete
  6. ooo i love the colored horse! so cute. both dresses look fantastic, i especially love the red one!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes window shopping beats actual buying! I do the former way more often than the later ;) Plus it is better for the wallet anyway haha. I am glad you spent some quality time with sis! I always love going downtown for some strolling and having lunch and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely better for the wallet! :) And time with my sister is always fun :)

      Delete
  8. Love both of those dresses, especially the top one! The gold belt is perfect with it. And too bad that bag was a too pricey, the color and shape are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been a perfect tote bag, but yep sadly Balenciaga bags aren't in the budget any more with baby, haha! :)

      Delete
  9. Love your leggings and dress combo, so chic even if your wearing leggings! You really are blooming, Mica: :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dress paired it with leggings. Such a great combo! Sounds like you had a lovely time with your sis. You look so good Mica! :)

    xTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both outfits look terrific. I love the use of belts in maternity wear! Looking great!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Loving the dress and leggings combo! Gorgeous!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though you left empty handed, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. My best friend and I went window shopping the other week, I just could not find anything that I had to have, so a fancy lunch was better for us! :) You look adorable and I love the jewellery. :-) Thanks for your lovely comment.
    /Madison
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, lunch with a good friend is always worthwhile :)

      Delete
  14. Both the dresses are lovely! I really like the red and mustard bag paired together.

    I'll be posting Florida roundups over the new couple weeks! I have tonnes of photos so will probably do a post per day in between other reviews etc

    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading more of your Florida posts :)

      Delete
  15. Glad you enjoyed the day shopping with your sister. You're looking stylish as ever!

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are glowing more than ever! I love the dress and legging combo on you and the first look with a pop of yellow from the RM works a treat. Oh and good on you for being so in control at the Reebonz pop-up. That deserves a clap or five for the restraint!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I was incredibly restrained! :)

      Delete
  17. Two lovely looks! I adore your canary yellow bag! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you had a great day with your sister even if you didn’t buy any handbags! Looking wonderful and that yellow bag is so gorgeous. It must be getting close for you now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not long to go until baby's arrival! :) Very exciting :)

      Delete
  19. that yellow bag is so precious!! :D awesome! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  20. always love your bags, and you make such a cute pregnant lady! :) i definitely overdid it at the nordstrom sale this year, oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sales are always a good time to indulge though :)

      Delete
  21. Really like the dresses over leggings. And I am so impressed that you can still wear non-maternity clothes are you are so close to your due date.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I think it's because I have so many stretchy or loose fitting items in my wardrobe - they've come in very helpful! :)

      Delete
  22. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! You look so pretty! I really love your new bag as well :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely love the dress and legging look. Looks so good on you! Cute picture of you up top!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. The red French Connection star print dress is to die for. I do hope I can find that here in London! You are looking fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great dress, but a couple years old unfortunately.

      Delete
  25. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...