Thursday 15 August 2013

DFO Official Blogger! Jeans and a Tee, Bal Day | Pencil Skirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo

Here's what I wore to for Brisbane Show Day on Wednesday:

away from blue snake print tee skinny jeans bal day bag

away from the blue balenciaga tempete storm SGH day hobo bag

Sunnies: gifted Cotton On 'Risky Business' sunglasses in sky blue
Necklace: custom Cooper charm by Silhoupette (New purchase)
Dress: Cotton On oversized snakeprint tee
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
Shoes: Rubi primo ballet flats in silver
Bracelets: the usual plus blue gifted Eiffel Tower bracelet on right arm
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete


Wearing my new custom necklace from Silhoupette today - it's a little silhouette of Cooper! Absolutely adore it, when it arrived yesterday I was showing everyone in the office who came up to my desk, haha. I ordered it a while ago, and as it was completely custom made it took a few weeks to arrive, but it's definitely worth the wait.

Also, I'm wearing jeans and a tee today as it's Brisbane show day - so everyone in Brisbane has a public holiday for the Ekka. Last year we went to the Ekka, but this year we stayed home. Didn't get up to much as my knee is still playing up a little, trying to do light exercise to build it up again.

Linking up with Three-fer Thursday, Friday's Fancies, Friday's Fab Favourites, Friday's FiveCasual Friday and Fashion and Faith today.

Last worn: blue sunniessnake print tee, skinny jeans, silver flats, Balenciaga day bag.





Here's what I wore to work today:

away from blue office outfit sheer blouse pencil skirt pink hobo bag

away from the blue marc by marc jacobs classic Q hillier hobo bag blush pink

Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
Top: Jeanswest sheer white oversized blouse (with white Supre singlet underneath)
Skirt: Review 'Ziggy' polka dot pencil skirt
ShoesNineWest Lovelyou studded flats in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hobo in blush pink with silver hardware


Accidentally slept in this morning, so got ready in half the time and grabbed a very quick couple of photos before running to work. Didn't notice the hair over my face until afterwards...but at least I made it to work on time :)

You may have noticed a new badge on my blog in the top right, or on my instagram ;)


I'm a blogger for Brisbane DFO! I'm so excited! I often shop the local factory outlets at Brisbane airport, to buy new clothes or presents or things I need for trips. It's somewhere I make sure to take my friends and relatives to when they visit, as there is always something to buy and lots of bargains with things up to 70% off!

The majority of my wardrobe consists of sale purchases, and a lot of them come from DFO. To provide an example, the snakeprint tee I wore Wednesday, and the top and pencil skirt I'm wearing today are all DFO purchases!

Very excited about this new role and looking forward to sharing more about DFO with you in the coming weeks. Thank you to all of my new and long term readers for supporting me and making this possible :) As always, if you have any questions or comments or suggestions, the comment box is there.


Last worn: sheer white top, Review pencil skirt, studded flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier hobo.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

50 comments:

  1. love your Wednesday outfit! hope you had fun <3

    Carla Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that bag, perfect for fall! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday :)

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!i adore that necklace, so fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats mica! how exciting.x

    Thankfifi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Love that top!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again on being the embassedor for a brand that you already often visit and buy! That's the best feeling :)I really like that blouse you are sporting in the second picture! Jeanswest really has stepped up their game! It's really hippie hip and girly! I love it pairing with the black pencil skirt! Hope your knee starts to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! I'm so excited by it as I'm there so often! :) Especially in the Jeanswest outlet, haha. Living so close to the outlets is both a positive and a negative sometimes....

      Delete
  7. I meant to ask you, how do you place the RM banner on the bottom of your blog page? I'm terrible at things like this and am hoping someone can teach me lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so chic in that animal print top and silver flats ---
    and there is something so careless and boho (in a good way) in your second outfit . I think its the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Mica!! That's so cool! Looking forward to hearing more about it and like always, lovin' both looks! :)

    xTheresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa! I'm so excited, looking forward to sharing more :) Really appreciate your support :)

      Delete
  10. I was so happy for you Mica! That is awesome! You should see ME when I throw myself together. HAHAHA Looks nothing like you. You look great in both pics.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you Kim! I owe it all to spending time picking my clothes the night before, or I'd never make it to work on time...even if I didn't sleep in!

      Delete
  11. So beautiful bag, skirt and top ! You are pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  12. both outfits are nice! the second one is very pretty! and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both looks! That top on the first outfit is adorable and not to mention your puppy as well :) Also, I love the pink handbag.


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on the new role!! looking good as ever!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mica. Great news about your new DFO blog role. Will your blog posts for DFO be on this site or on the DFO one? Sorry if that's a silly question, I just didn't want to miss them :D. I really like your second outfit with the pink bag. Really like what you did with you hair that day too!
    sparkle2day.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susannah! My blog posts will be here :) I have one coming very soon! Just have to find the time to go shop at DFO, hehe.

      And thanks for the compliment on my hair - I didn't have time to straighten it, haha.

      Delete
  16. I love the simplicity of both look, and such a cute pink bag. Love it.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so love that snakeprint top, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both of those outfits. Absolutely stunning. And congratulations about being a blogger for them!

    Happy Friday!
    Grace
    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very excited about it :)

      Delete
  19. You always have the best bags!

    Congratulations on your official blogger status for DFO!

    http://myfifthavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your snakeprint blouse - and how cool you are a blogger for DFO! Awesome partnership!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post!! The collab is too cool !!! xx

    kouturekittenblog

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always put together the best outfits!

    Thank you for linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay on the DFO blogger! Awesome news.
    Well done, well deserved!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kirsty! I'm a big DFO shopper so it's very exciting! :)

      Delete
  24. Thank you all for your lovely comments and congratulations. So happy to get to share my excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have some awfully fabulous bags lady!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How exciting!! I can't wait to see what outfits you come up with! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your jeans! Do you think it fits true to size? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, I find that these jeans, and all Jeanswest ones, are true to size on me :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...