Wednesday 18 March 2015

Two Ways To Wear Bright Tanks: Denim Shorts and Kimono, Black Jersey Maxi Skirt

Wearing some of my bright tanks! Blue and green today. I'll often pick up some of the Jeanswest tanks if they go on sale - they frequently have new colours and I like to have a little collection of bright tops I can layer with or wear on their own. I think a good collection of basic tanks is essential for someone who dresses so casually like I do. I need to actually use them and wear them though! I've been pushing myself to wear them more often, and not just have them as colourful 'decorations' in my wardrobe.


Here's what I wore to go shopping with DH and baby:
Choies red vintage pattern kimono blue tank denim shorts red bag

Marc By Marc Jacobs Rock lobster Lil Ukita Bag worn on shoulder
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
JacketChoies red vintage pattern kimono
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
TankJeanswest 'Jenni' singlet in indigo blue (on sale here!)
ShortsJeanswest denim cuff shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs Little Ukita bag in Rock Lobster


Casual weekend outfit, enjoying the the summer heat that's sticking around well into autumn in Brisbane. I actually wondered if the kimono might make me too warm for a while, it did get quite hot. I originally was going to wear a grey tank with this, and then I thought I'd try be a little different and pick a colourful one instead. I thought the blue tank worked nicely as there is blue in the print on the kimono. Worked well with the red bag too.

After going shopping in the morning, we ended going for a swim in the afternoon to cool down. Our pool is outdoors, so I tend to wait for really hot days to take baby T for a swim as he gets grouchy if the water is too cold! He's starting to get more enjoyment out of being in the water though, it's so good to see.


Last worn: Rayban Wayfarers, red kimono, blue tank, denim shortsHavaianas, Marc By Marc Jacobs Ukita bag.



Here's what I wore to go to playgroup with baby T today:
SAHM St Patrick's Day Outfit Casual Green Tank Black Jersey Maxi Skirt
NecklaceRoie Designs pearl and antique gold long necklace
TankJeanswest Jenni basic singlet in Emerald green
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag


Although I posted it a day late, this totally counts as a green outfit for St Patrick's day right? ha! I don't really have a lot of green in my wardrobe, it isn't one of my favourite colours and I don't really know what to wear it with (I tend to just wear it with black). I decided to give this green tank a wear as it's been a long time since I last wore it, I was (hugely!) pregnant last time. Although I don't reach for this green tank as much as the other ones that I own, it's still staying in my wardrobe because it's good to have another colour to wear now and then.

Really casual outfit as I was just going out to playgroup with baby. I didn't take the stroller this time, just the baby carrier, so I put all of my things in the baby bag again.


Last worn: green tank, black maxi skirt, Havaianas (above), Marc by Marc Jacobs baby bag.




Linking up with What I Wore, I feel pretty, Because Shana Said So, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Style Me Weekly, What I Wore, Style Me Wednesday, Trendy Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, A Labour of Fashion, Fun Fashion Friday, Fab Favourites today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

32 comments:

  1. I love that first outfit. Great kimono. I badly need a kimono or two lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and colourful kimono & love how you styled it! Your March Jacobs bag is so pretty! Cute outfit for the playgroup too. Enjoy your day:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of the bright green tank, and it's nice to see your red purse with the the bolder print. Great outfits, hope you have a lovely week Mica. <3
    FASHION TALES blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking Penny swimming! I'm so excited for it to warm up here since she was about 5 months old last time we went. I have a kimono with peach and some warm shades of tan and I literally have no idea how to style it! Suggestions? haha. It's lovely I had to have it, but I'm so confused on how to dress it.

    I feel the same about green. I had one green thing in my wardrobe. Perhaps it's my red hair and fear of looking like a leprechaun? (; I love wearing green with navy. You'll see what I mean on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think I have a really similar piece! it's pastels and peach. It's a nice kimono, but I've only started wearing it more recently. You might need to wait for the weather to warm up, unless you want to wear it over a long sleeve tee?

      You can see some of the other ways I've worn my kimonos here if it helps you! :) http://awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au/search/label/kimono

      Delete
  5. Nice looks, love both!
    GIVEAWAY on our blog:

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/2015/03/banggood-worldwide-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely in these bright colours, Mica! That kimono is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first look is on point! I love the color coordination and that tassel necklace is the perfect touch. Glad to hear Baby T is starting to like the water. As for me, I absolutely can't wait until it's warm enough to swim. Soak up that weather for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful looks! I can't wait to wear shorts and kimonos!
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that pretty kimono and I'm wishing it was warm enough here to be wearing shorts!!!
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, Mica! I love your "everyday style!" Perfect for busy moms! XO ~ Casey @ A Little Bit of Cheer

    www.alittlebitofcheer.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I see your posts it makes me want a holiday. Love the green top and your red kimono.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kimono is super cute and I LOVE that bag!!! Such a gorgeous red!!!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that blue tank paired with the kimono. They're magic together. I think I really need to inject more colour into my own wardrobe, especially when it comes to basics. My "wildest" hue right now is a pale yellow tank I brought for $12 at Supre 5 years ago. They use to make the most AWESOMEST tanks ever. A friend got me onto them and I built quite the collection. Then I donated a bunch, keeping only blacks, whites and creams. Now they're starting to go south and I want to replace them, but can't because they don't make 'em like they used to :o(

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those! I think everyone stocked up on those at Supre! They definitely don't make them like they used to. I still have a box of my oldies somewhere, looking really old if I recall correctly!

      Delete
  14. what a great kimono top and you are such a stylish momma!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely blazer or kimono should i say
    It's so summer look ready
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always looking great! http://ashaopryhirsi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kimonos .. i remember when I thought they were just pretty bathrobes !
    I think they add fun and a little chicness to anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased they are trendy again - they are just as comfortable as bathrobes, hehe! :)

      Delete
  18. Both outfits are really cute, but the first one is my fav! I love the jacket/kimono :)

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.de/2015/03/mix-of-prints.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your looks!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i think it's the first time I've seen that red bag!! it's so gorgeous!! aahhh!!! i want one! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great one! I bought it a while back (while I was pregnant, wow!), need to wear it more often! :)

      Delete
  21. Tanks look good alone or paired with something else. You did a great job styling both of these. Looks great on you Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are just too adorable for words! And that bright bag makes my heart palpitate!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fun spring colors! Love the orange!

    xoxo, Christina

    Stray Birds and Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  24. loving the kimino, and so wish I was wearing shorts and sandals. Thanks for linking up this week

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The blue tank with the kimono is so perfect! I remember when my son hated the pool now we can't get him out of it.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I only found out about St Patrick's day from ASOS emails! Totally forgot about it this year, always a nice excuse to wear some green which I don't do very often :) Love the simple green and black outfit, looks so comfy to run around in too.

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my friends has her birthday on Saint Patrick's day so I never forget it! :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...