Sunday 6 January 2013

Weekend Wear: Colour Block Maxi Dress, RM Mini MAC | Singlet and Shorts, Mulberry Alexa

Here's what I wore to go shopping with DH and pick up my new camera yesterday:
Sunnies: Pink leopard print sunglasses from Paddy's Markets in Sydney
Bracelets: the usual plus two beaded Sportsgirl Butterfly Foundation bracelets, Lovisa 'Collette by Collette Dinnigan' twisted bow charm bracelet in silverLovisa 'Collette by Collette Dinnigan' heart charm bracelet in silver and enamel coated Marc By Marc Jacobs Katie bracelet in pink.
DressCotton On Colour blocked maxi in black / Algiers blue
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC with python embossed leather in Aquamarine

Close up of accessories and bag:

Wore a simple dress as it was a hot day. Cooper's smile is the cutest! :)
Went to the stores to try out some cameras and decide which one to buy. My old camera had something get into the lens a few weeks ago and it can't be cleaned out. As the zoom functionality broke a while ago too it was definitely time to upgrade. DH was very sweet and gave me an IOU for a camera for Christmas, knowing that I hadn't picked the perfect replacement yet. Together we picked the Sony NEX5R digital camera in store today. The SA Lisa in Camera House was so helpful! I'm really impressed with how much functionality the camera has for blogging and I'm excited to use it for future posts.


The sunnies were last worn here, dress here, sandals here and bag here.

Shop similar:


And here's what I wore today for a relaxing Sunday and going to Church Online in the evening:
Sunnies: gifted Cotton On 'Risky Business' sunglasses in sky blue
Bracelets: the usual plus gifted Balenciaga classic pearly grey double tour bracelet
TopAsos grey singlet
ShortsJeanswest printed denim shorts
ShoesGifted black slim Havaianas thongs
BagMulberry regular size Alexa bag in foggy grey from Reebonz sale

Closeup of accessories, bag and print on the shorts:

Had a relaxing Sunday today, and had the chance to play around with my new camera to take today's outfit pictures. Have been learning where everything is and taking as many different pictures as possible to get a feel for all of the new settings. Have been following Cooper around all day trying to get different shots of him, haha! It's good he is such a patient little dog.


The sunnies were last worn here, singlet here, shorts here, thongs here and bag here.

Shop similar:

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram : Currently Obsessed

49 comments:

  1. Yeah both lovely outfits but I love the blue bag from first one!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know,

    Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh you have a great collection of bags- love both the blue croc one and the alexa mulberry bag :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfits and you have so cute dog. Have agreat end of the weekend.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great dress! love the second outfit :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. the first outfit is my favorite! the blue color is so refreshing :) anyway happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow love your simple style somuch dear.
    You play in blue is preety..
    Love your photo also<3

    xoxo,Ila

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the first dress so much and I see your cute dog again!


    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this blog is very very very beautiful! visit my blog : http://whattowear-quemepongo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like grey. :)
    Great looking bag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bags are gorgeous! Seriously want them both now!

    Cate
    Flirtnwithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice!!!^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. can't go wrong with that outfit for the weekend!

    x

    www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bag is absolutely gorgeous! As is your dog =)

    Hurrah for the new camera, I really need to get myself a decent one!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous dress. Cooper is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this dress, this is so unbelievably pretty!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your dress! And your dog is so cute. Thanks for droppin' by in my blog.

    XX, Jenniya
    http://simplyjenniya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress looks awesome on you babe! Love the color block! And how cute is Cooper?! :)

    xxTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello dear Mica, and a Happy New Year to you!
    Gorgeous dress, and Cooper's smile is the best :)))
    I am finally out of hibernation...MIL flew back home, and I'm anxious to catch up with everyone...
    Thank you for stopping by to say hello, sweet friend!
    xoxoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress is so pretty and I love the cute owl necklace in the second outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awhhh your dog is precious! I love the bags, too cute!


    -Alina
    Transparentdimensions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute!
    Jealous of your warm temps!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute dress! I've been wearing dresses a lot lately too, it's perfect for this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The 'x' on the dress makes it so flattering! (love coopers smile too)
    yay for a new camera!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  24. loving your bag collection! Reading you blog is like entering fantasy

    -Nico

    www.SatinandSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh, where do you live that it's warm enough for that pretty dress?! I love the blue & black color blocking!!


    Michelle, Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like in Queensland, Australia. It's summer here :)

      Delete
  26. such a nice sunny look for you!!! jealous

    thanks for stopping by our blog

    xx

    selvia

    am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for your comment!

    Lovely outfits! Loving that Mulberry bag xx

    http://thecurvygirlinthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both are cute outfits, but that dress is so pretty on you! :D

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  29. That maxi dress is great - I love black and blue together, and hi to your cute pup :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post :)

    www.fussylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love that blue maxi dress, but I'm completely take in by that cute Minkfoff bag. Such a beauty! Boy, do I wish I had your handbags! :D

    Getting a new camera is always exciting isn't it? I got mine for Christmas last year and chased our dogs around for weeks. Everytime I learn a new trick from youtube I test it out on them first :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I'm glad I'm not the only one using my dog as a test subject! I'm finding it so hard to get the right settings I want for outfit shots - lots of practice still needed, and maybe a tripod too!

      Delete
  32. STill crushing on that Mulberry bag. And OMG cuteee puppy

    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very cute color coordinated outfit! Love your bags as always!

    Kim

    A Pretty Thought

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loved you shorts look! Really cute!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now following your lovely blog :)

    Happy 2013!
    xoxo
    STYLE TRACES
    ST FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both looks! And the dog is so cute!

    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. That dress is GORGEOUS Mica! First, I love the two color and that it's a hig/lo dress. Looks awesome on you my friend! Awesome camera! Another blog buddy of mine uses it and she's always getting compliments. I can't wait to see your photos using it. You're going to love it!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim! It's a lot more difficult to get the perfect photos than I thought with it, I need to practice more!

      Delete
  37. Loving your Rebecca Minkoff bag, such a pretty color!

    -Ashley
    Breakfastatsaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. love the dress!! and all of your accessories are beautiful (i.e. LOVE those two purses!!) cute puppy too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the dress & the bag from the first outfit!

    x Denbelle

    ReplyDelete
  40. dresses are gorgeous and other acessories are amazing m loving it.......!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...