Sunday 5 February 2012

Tiki Style in a maxi dress

Today's outfit is my entry into the Frivolous Friday challenge over at the Fashionoclast. This week's theme is Tiki Style!

I thought it would be wonderfully easy until I realised I gave all my hula girl costume accessories to my mum when I returned the grass skirt she lent me. But the show must go on so I threw on the loudest dress I own (recent purchase actually) and a flower in my hair to make a challenge-worthy outfit.

What I wore today:

Dress: Somedays Lovin White Heart tiger Maxi dress (modified and worn strapless as it's much too long otherwise)
Flower in my hair: Frangipani from the tree in the garden
Necklace: Juicy Couture charm on a chain, both gifted from my bestie.
Bracelets: the usual plus some labradorite ones made by a talented friend
Shoes:  Asos flirt leather sandals (hidden by the flared hem of the dress)
Bag: vintage Chanel chevron evening bag
Cute fluffy doggy: Our adopted Shih Tzu cross Cooper.


Closeup of accessories:


Was the perfect thing to wear for a BBQ lunch at the in-laws house. We spent the evening relaxing in the back yard with Cooper before I had to go online for Church Online. Here's a fun picture of Cooper in the hammock with DH :)

If you do have some spare time this weekend or this upcoming week you can check out the message playing at church online - it's a really good one called 30 second theology  It's watching a bunch of moving, sad, funny and hilarious commercials from around the world and talking about them for a bit. Covers everything from parents to self esteem and beauty, safety, how precious life is and power. Good stuff! http://30secondtheology.com/

40 comments:

  1. the dress looks great on you :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice outfit! And i LOVE the flowers!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit!

    neononyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good photos.Maybe we can follow each other? Don't forget like me on Facebook! Kisses :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE your vintage CHANEL!!!! xoxo

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg your pet is so cute and your outfit is perfect!
    kiss kiss

    http://thepinkillusion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful!! I love your rendition of tiki Friday! And that hair pin is so pretty! And LOL@ Cooper - he's so darn cute! Hope you have a fabulous weekend Mica!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  8. Love this printed maxi...effortless and chic, what more can you ask for?? Very cute look!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. adore you look ! and your dog look very adorable <3<3

    visit mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is stunning! I love the print, and the puppy is super cute, too! I just want to squeeze him.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely maxi dress, love your accessories. you dod supper cute, I have a mini- schnauzer, but she doesn't like to pose for picture like yours.
    Have a great day.
    Christy

    http://am2pmchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Cooper doesn't sit at my feet for outfit photos but its funny when he does!

      Delete
  12. The print in your maxi is gorgeous, and I love your four legged friend :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dress! And what a cutie patootie doggie!

    Maria xx
    www.cheekypinktulip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i lovelove your maxi dress! so great :)

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great dress Mica and your puppy is too cute! LOVE the flower in your hair. Nice touch.

    http://averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely dress mica and your dog is so adorable :)

    http://womenindress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cooper is just too adorable!! I love maxi dresses. It looks so hot and sunny where you are....we've just had snow in London and its quite pretty too.
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog Mica and glad you like the dress! :)
    May xx
    walkinginmay.blogspot.com
    @MissMayLoh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love snow right now, we are in the middle of summer it's very warm.

      Delete
  18. I really like the print on this dress!


    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...