Sunday 15 June 2014

Pregnancy Wardrobe Essentials - Wearing Non-Maternity Pieces in the Third Trimester

While I'm in the hospital with baby, I've set up a few scheduled posts. This is the last post in the "Pregnancy Wardrobe Essentials" series.

As soon as I can I will be back to posting my usual daily outfits. I'll be sharing bits and pieces on my instagram (@awayfromblue) about life with baby until I'm back to blogging.

Today I'm talking about my pregnancy wardrobe and the non-maternity pieces I used and wore through my third trimester.



My goal in pregnancy was to buy as few maternity pieces as possible. Some things that had worked for the second trimester (like wrap dresses, pencil skirts) no longer worked in the third trimester, or needed a few changes (like adding leggings to now shorter dresses). In the third trimester, I found the following non-maternity pieces in my wardrobe worked well, and I included an example of an outfit with each.
Although I wore the items above in conjunction with maternity clothing, being able to wear existing items in my wardrobe gave me a little more variety with pregnancy dressing, something that I really appreciated near the end of the pregnancy where I was starting to run out of options for things to wear!

I defaulted to maxi skirts and dresses a lot as they were the easiest and most comfortable option most days and I really embraced them in the third trimester.

You can see all of my third trimester outfits here.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

26 comments:

  1. Love this post. So informative. Just followed you on instagram to keep up. Baby boy is adorable and you look beautiful. Congratulations!!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats sweetie , am glad you will be back soon to blogging , i hope you will blog about your baby as will as your ootds ,,,, .

    N@NY

    - my cookies recipe up on my blog :

    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another incredibly informative post. I think I told you that I have a friend who is pregnant. She is quite enjoying this series! Keep them coming! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad your friend is finding the series useful! :)

      Delete
  4. My big sister is pregnant I will have to tell her about these!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your sister finds it helpful! :)

      Delete
  5. the empire waist is a definite great choice! :)

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome video! i just subscribed to your channel, love your videos!

    x

    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. just got back from vacation and saw that you had your little boy -- congratulations mica! i saw the pics on instagram and he is absolutely adorable. what an exciting time in your life!! :)

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and video, especially about sharing your style journey during your pregnancy. :)
    http://fashiontalesblog.com
    /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im loving all those maxi dresses! Look so beautiful on you :)
    Great video!

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a him, it's a him! I am so happy for you, Mica. Congratulations! A little boy - I bet you're beaming from ear to ear. Keep well and take care of yourself. Rosemary x

    rosemaryofelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary! We are so happy with our little man :)

      Delete
  11. Oh wow these are great tips to save money when pregnant! I can't wait to see more updates of you and your baby boy :) Congratulations! It is super cute that I saw you pregnant for all this time and now I'm going to see you with your little one :)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun being able to share the journey :)

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on your baby boy!!! Boys are the best :D can't wait to see pics of him xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! We are so happy with our little prince! :)

      Delete
  13. I loved you in the maxi dresses and skirts! Great options!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for your kind comments and congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post...I'll keep your advice in my mind for the future times.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...