Friday 20 November 2020

Handbag Lover's Gift Guide For 2020!

It's that time of year again, where blogs turn into gift guides! Each year I publish this one gift guide: the perfect gift guide for a handbag lover, no matter your budget! This year, because it's 2020, I've added a little bit at the end for ways you can support some local Aussie businesses too. I try to pick pieces that will ship internationally, but I'm sure you will understand that the local section may only ship within Australia.

So, if you're looking for the perfect gift for a bag loving friend or relative, or just a little bit of bag-candy, this is the gift guide for you!






Spectacular Splurge-Worthy Spoils



These bags are $500+ and above - not the kind of thing you would give to a casual acquaintance, but certainly something special for someone close. Wives, girlfriends, mums, sisters - if you have the cash to splash you can't go wrong with something from this list! Sticking with classic styles and neutral colours is always a good idea, especially if you're not entirely sure what their preferred colour bag would be. Probably something to be 100% sure that you know they are after before investing so heavily in this section though!




Modest Mid-Range Designer Choices



At $100-$250 you can look at bags from their favourite contemporary designers, or maybe even a SLG (small leather good) from a luxury brand. There are so many options at this price point to choose from, this budget doesn't limit you but lets you get creative with how you want to spend. Think wallets, clutches, card holders, wallet on chain bags, wristlets... You can give them an accessory from a brand of their dreams or their perfect bag from their favourite contemporary designer. Mine being Rebecca Minkoff of course!




Bargain Bag Finds




Got less than $100 to spend? No worries! Think of ways they can accessorise bags they already have - keychains and bag charms are a good way to go, or a skinny silk scarf to tie in a bow on a bag or wrap around bag handles. See my video for more ways to accessorise a bag! What about a little pouch or wristlet they can use to keep things safe in their bag? Or a gift card to help them purchase the bag of their dreams they have been saving for? You can even hit up sites like ASOS for high street versions of designer styles, without the high price tags.




No matter the budget you have set aside, remember that the Thanksgiving Black Friday sales in the US will be starting soon, and other countries are starting to follow with similar sales. That bag that may have been out of your budget before might be a much more attractive price now or in the days to come, so get adding to cart in preparation for the sales!

Shopbop have up to 50% off designer bags, and you can get an extra 30% off at Rebecca Minkoff with code 'TAKE30' on orders over $150.



A Little Something For Yourself?




All that shopping for other people can lead to a little splurge or two on yourself! The categories above are good for gifts as you get the "new bag" experience with all the wrapping and boxes and that new bag smell! But if you're looking for a bag for you, why not try the preloved market? Easier on the wallet and the environment! Sites like Fashionphile, Yoogi's Closet, Bag Mad Boutique, Vestiaire Collective make it easy to snap up an authenticated designer bag at a bargain price - just be sure to review all the pictures and description carefully so you know what to expect with the condition. eBay is an option too, but I highly suggest using an authentication service like Authenticate First before buying anything designer from eBay.




Shop Local


There are so many local businesses who would really appreciate your support this Christmas. In the sprit of shopping small and supporting local that's so needed for  2020, I wanted to share some. While they are certainly not all bag based they have a lot of great gift ideas to surprise, spoil or entertain your loved ones this Christmas.

For The Little Ones:


For The Grown Ups:

  • Yondale Designs - beautiful silver jewellery that will be treasured for years to come (I have two cuffs I adore from this company that I never remove from my wrist)
  • Handbags on Etsy - you can filter for the perfect gift from your country, state or city!
  • Katherine By Katherine - vegan friendly handbags and accessories, made in Brisbane!
  • Fashion Scarf Girl - another Queensland mum, with multi-buy scarf discounts! (I have been a brand rep for this company in the past and I have also bought a lot of her scarves with my own money!)





Have fun shopping and finding that something special to bring yourself or someone you love a little bit of joy this year!



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

63 comments:

  1. I always buy my bags from Accessorize as I've never been someone who lusts after designer bags. My attitude has changed slightly this year though, and I found myself wanting just one special bag I can keep for a long time. Thank you for these recommendations :)

    xo Sarah | Oomph London

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very good selection darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely boags! Thank you very much for your sharing ) Please check out my newest post as well)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you show a lot of different styles in a lot of different prices! Such a fantastic idea.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of your bags! Quite the collection! And so colorful!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Beautiful tips Mica, here in Portugal we buy our bags at fast fashion stores, more expensive bags from luxury brands only a small percentage of the Portuguese population can buy !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw bags are always a fun gift! I love anything bright and statement!

    https://www.georginahart.co.uk/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great choices!! As of right now I have one holy grail bag I've got my eye on. Taking so long to find it, hah!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do find it, it will be so perfect for you!

      Delete
  9. I have always like quirky and odd bags! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could really use a new handbag! It might be something I ask for this holiday season. Wow, you have a lot of selections here, I am going to take a peak!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list as always, Mica:) I haven't bought a bag in a long time and totally wouldn't mind having a high end one:D Mulberry would be nice:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mulberry make some great bags! I love that they have redone the Alexa too, I miss mine!

      Delete
  12. So many beautiful bags! I wouldn't mind finding one or two of them under the Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These bags are so beautiful! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary
    Beautyandfashionfreaks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome guide! Thanks for sharing :)

    Shoot for the stars | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Facebook page | ☆ ☆ ☆ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all kinds of bags!
    Love this post.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your handbag collection is stunning. I like how colorful your bags look like.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/11/declare-caviar-perfection-luxury-anti.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great, informative gift guide, with lots of eye candy!
    In fact, 2020 is the first year in living memory that I've hardly added to my bulging bag collection. But then again, I only buy second hand or vintage bags, from charity shops or flea markets, and there haven't been been exactly many opportunities in that direction lately :-) Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Mica xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2020 has slowed my shopping too with less buying opportunities!

      Delete
  18. Love this guide, Mica!! Gucci bags are always on my list, ha ha!

    https://twitter.com/LornaRaindrops/status/1328276874888441858

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many fun choices! My favorite is that little rainbow clutch. I would love a gift like that! Hope you guys are having a great weekend! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely collection.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/fashion

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my I think I'm drooling! That Phillip Lim ivory bag is just gorgeous! There are so many great picks in here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the gift guide, I might have to be cheeky and send this post link over to hubby's whatsapp, or to be even more sly load up this page on his phone and place it on the table and patiently wait... lol

    Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe during this time and hope to see you on my blog whenever you find time for some festive vibes and posts www.the-missing-chapter.com kisses from London.. xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I like to send hubby direct links for when he is thinking of buying a bag shaped Christmas present, I say do it!

      Delete
  23. This is a great selection of gift ideas for handbag lovers, I love it! xx

    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Mica.
    Your guide to shopping bag choices is very beautiful ..., the type and color of the bag that you suggest are all great for year-end gifts.

    Have a super weeks.
    Greetings, Himawan.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love bags, put me in the lower price range though!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting post - and I know from your past posts that you love bags. I do too, and I have a closet full - but I hate to change. I carry way too much and when I change from one to another I can never find anything. Enjoyed your bag shopping info.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a great idea, because you can get fabulous bags in every price range!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You just have the best bags collection!
    Even though it's great to have an elegant piece that can fit for every occasion, I myself love looking for unique ones that are standing out from the regular :)

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm a big fan of a new handbag - you've got some lovely ones here too!

    Tash - A Girl with a View

    ReplyDelete
  30. A hand bag can make such a lovely gift and this is a terrific guide considering you offer up different price points as well as options for where to shop including for pre-owned bags.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very interesting article! The pictures are great too! Have a great week! 🍂🌾🍁

    ReplyDelete
  32. I need a new bag, these are great picks!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm hoping for a bag for Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, you tempting woman! ;-P Behave! There's a local handbag shop that is going out of business (retirement, brought on by covid), and I've been tempted to stop in and see if there's anything for my mom for Christmas...and maybe for me??

    Hope you had a good weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think a bag makes a great gift ;)

      Delete
  35. This is absolutely perfect, you've included so many great options in all three price categories! I have my eye on that Coach Crosstown now though...for myself 🤦‍♀️ oops x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's quite the guide! I'm all about simple, small and if it's crossbody it's even better.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Not easy to choose from so many choices.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anything that says handbag you know right away I am going to click on it :) I just love this guide it is perfect for the bag lover in us all. http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2020/11/street-seeker-5-ways-metallic-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. This was so helpful! I'm actually doing some holiday shopping this week :)

    https://www.mariannyc.com/fall-into-pumpkin-soup/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Can you ever have enough bags? Haha. I love the little green coach!

    ReplyDelete
  41. You always find the best bags! I love that tan one that's only $27, what a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. All these bags are so lovely! Thanks for sharing these great options. There really is something for everyone.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've always bought the major part of my bags from fast fashion stores (especially zara and accessorize), but lately I'm starting to changing my mind about all this system...
    Your tips are very smart!

    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oooh!! I love tall of these different handbag options! I've been wanting the Gucci Marmont for the longest but keep missing the sales. There are lots of options when you go mid-range. I like the idea of treating yourself with some designer goods. I love the idea of buying pre-loved goods. You save some money there! Thanks for sharing all of these exciting options!!

    Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could definitely get the Marmont second hand too! :)

      Delete
  45. I love these picks! It's truly luxury at an affordable price range and also something for those who want to splurge on themselves for the Christmas season.
    Love these picks again!
    xxx

    https://ooomaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is a post for me :) Thanks for this wonderful gift guide - I definitely rely on your bag taste and your recommendations!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm a handbag-lover and this guide is really interesting, thanks for sharing!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow what a bag selection Mica. I want all of them! Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Such a fabulous bags! Wonderful idea for gift!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love a new bag as much as the next girl lol. Who doesn't love a new bag smell. I know you have many different types too. I hope you have a great week ahead Mica : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. ok, this guide is perfect. I want each bag listed here!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks all for your sweet comments :) It's always fun putting this gift guide together each year, I just love bags! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...