Friday 29 November 2019

Handbag Lover Gift Guide 2019 - For Any Budget!

My fifth annual handbag lover gift guide! I love bags so really enjoy putting this post together to share some gift ideas with you. No matter your budget, you're sure to find something special for that bag loving friend or family member in your life. Or maybe a little splurge for yourself! Christmas is a time for special surprises after all 😉 With the Black Friday sales on everywhere, now is the perfect time to buy.


ultimate handbag lover gift guide purses for any budget! | away from blue



Budget Bag Related Finds Under $50





These are perfect stocking fillers or last minute gift ideas that won't break the budget! Looking out for sales or discount codes can help bring the cost down more too. I've included some Black Friday sales at the bottom of the post for you to help. While you might not be able to get a designer handbag for this price, you can get little accessories to adorn the inside or outside of bags they already own. Think pouches, card holders, clutches, travel pouches and bag charms! Or even a straw bag.



Contemporary Bags $50- $150





Extending your budget a little lets you pick up a cute bag from a mid-range designer, or a small leather good from a higher end brand. Rebecca Minkoff is my current favourite contemporary brand and you'll find a lot of bags in this price range there! Think also Kate Spade, Coach, Ted Baker, etc.



Splurge Worthy Bags $200+





This category is idea for someone special in your life, where you have a bigger budget. You could even get a wallet from a high end designer for under $400. It's good to look for hints for the brand, style or colour someone would be interested in before splurging in this category. If you're not sure, a neutral coloured classically shaped handbag would be a safe bet, or you could always just get them a giftcard for their fave store instead to let them pick out the bag of their dreams!



Second Hand Shopping


You can find some real bargains second hand. If you're shopping for yourself this is a good way to go, or buy early from a store with a good return policy so you have time to return in case you've bought the bag as a gift and it's a little more pre-loved than you expected!

Buying from sites like Vestaire Collective (who are having a 30% off sale for Black Friday) and Fashionphile that guarantee authenticity takes a lot of the stress out of purchasing a designer bag second hand. Bag Mad Boutique is UK based but ships worldwide and there is a 10% off black Friday sale on at the moment (and full disclosure, the owner is a wonderful friend of mine!).


Some Handbag Related Sales to Check Out:


The sales can mean something that was out of our budget before becomes a little more attainable, and a handbag will have a lot of staying power in your wardrobe!

Shopbop - use code "MORE19" to get 15% off orders over $200 to up to $25% off orders over $800 - and you can use it on sale items too for an even bigger discount!

Rebecca Minkoff - use code "THANKS25" to get 25% of orders over $100, and "THANKS30" to get 30% off orders over $250.

David Jones - up to 60% off in the Black Friday sale.

The Outnet - get up to 85% off in the clearance sale!

Net A Porter - get an extra 15% off selected sale items!


I hope you enjoyed browsing some of my top handbag related gift ideas this year! Are you wishing for a bag shaped present under the tree this Christmas? I may have already given hubby a direct link to the bag I want...leaving nothing up to chance! 😂



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

74 comments:

  1. Great tips and offers here. I'm going to have a look at Net A Porter! x

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this gift guide. I like how you included options at different price points. I don't think I'd want someone to give me a bag though :) People tend not to do very well at guessing what I like when it comes to style...

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can be tricky! A gift card is good in those situations :)

      Delete
  3. What an awesome list, Mica:) I love that you have something for every price list. Thanks for sharing. I've just found some super nice Maison Margiela bags from that ShopBop link. I forgot how much I used to "window shop" on that site a long time ago!
    Have an awesome weekend, and Happy Black Friday shopping:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could happily spend hours window shopping there - used to spend a lot of time and money on that site, haha!

      Delete
  4. wow, so many pretty bags. I really like your selection.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great round up of bags! I'm loving the sale price on that RM crossbody! Very tempting since I always want a metallic crossbody this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always such a thrill to go thrifting and find such deals. Sometimes with these black friday sales though...you can great some fabulous deals.
    Thanks for sharing Mica,
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes there are a lot of great finds around!

      Delete
  7. Handbags are always the best gift! Love these tips, and second hand shopping is a great way to get an amazing deal!

    Ashlee | https://www.maybeafterbrunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I read this as "Hangover Gift Guide"! Good luck with reining yourself in on the sales, Mica! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha now that would be a fun gift guide!

      Delete
  9. You found some really great pieces! I think bag makes a wonderful gift since a good one can last for ages and always brings wonderful memories :)

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have some really old bags in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  10. Love this list. I stick to contemporary bags for personal use and actually got a good deal on Kate Spade plus got some decent cashback!

    Eena ☼ cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Kate spade yet, but one day! :)

      Delete
  11. So awesome that you're a bag lover. I'm more of a jewelry lover hahaha!
    I hope you receive the bag you send to your hubby.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job on this round-up! So many good options at every price point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! There are a lot of cute bags around!

      Delete
  13. Oh man, this is totally my guide!! There are so many different great brands out there! It is intersting to read about some secondhand handbags. LV really retain its value really well. Thanks for sharing all of these resources for handbag lovers! I know some people in my family who would appreciate this ;).

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I wish now that I could wear a , normally,,handbag! I always have to carry ca oxygen device and use a special bag! Beautiful bags Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be hard. You always look stylish even without a bag though! :)

      Delete
  15. Is it wrong that I want all of these! Haha! ;) Great gift guide, Mica! I hope you get your bag shaped pressie this Christmas, Mica! ;) Hope you're having a great weekend! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh some great picks here! I'm tempted by the splurge ones!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love bags too.
    Love this post and thanks for sharing great tips.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely idea your gift guide is for fellow handbag lovers - and their loved ones ;-) Hope you are enjoying your weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mica, thank you for the guide and links. This is the time for spending :)
    Here, we just spent in Black Friday, and till waiting for the after tomorrow Cyber Monday, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Handbags make a lovely gift and your guide offers some really wonderful options. I love that you also included second hand shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get some awesome never worn or barely used bags second hand!

      Delete
  21. Handbags are perfect gifts.
    Thanks for sharing.

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fantastic gift guide!! I love so many of these bags!

    https://www.makelifemarvelous.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow amazing handbags Mica. Have a fabulous weekend darling.


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing selection.
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zorica_miteva/
    My Blog: https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This guide is amazing! Thanks for sharing this! For sure adding some of these to my wishlist!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. A really useful post! You give perfect options for any budget.
    Thank you so much!
    Kisses,
    E.
    https://www.withcapitale.com/2019/11/my-black-friday-selection.html
    https://www.instagram.com/withcapitaleofficial/

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are such an beautiful bags. Thank you so much for sharing these deals.

    Giveaway - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/12/what-made-this-decade-count-for-you_1.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are all beautiful handbags that would make perfect gifts! I love that you put them into different price categories. I hope you get the bag you want this Christmas!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting post my dear, thank you for sharing :-) 

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's great that you've included something for all budgets here! I'm on the lookout for a new bag right now actually. I really like that you went for a wide variety of styles too! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can find something in the sales!

      Delete
  31. What an amazing guide! I can never have enough handbags.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Handbags are the best gifts!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Little bags are so my thing as I don't carry much with me! Love that you included so many different types at so many different price ranges x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like how all of these are affordable for any budget, nothing like $1000 here! Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes my days of regularly buying $1000+ bags are over, but there are still so many cute options under that price!

      Delete
  35. Thank you for compiling such an comprehensive collection of the lovely bags. I love them too and can't have enough. Have a nice and not too stressful week :)
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love that you are sharing bags from different price points! I Christmas shop on a budget and I definitely spend different amounts depending on the person. I really want to try Rebecca Minkoff bags

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are very good value for money, especially on sale! :)

      Delete
  37. I just LOVE bags, what a stunning selection :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  38. So many pieces so little time right?!? I love getting handbags for presents!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I actually need a new bag, but one for work. Lugging around my laptop has almost finished off my current one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laptop bags are hard to find and often need replaced - I guess with lighter laptops being made it's a bit easier!

      Delete
  40. I love that your guide has such a wide range of prices. There are a few bags I'm just dying over in your list. And the Minkoff Mini Crossbodies are on such great sale prices! Thank you for putting this one together! Happy Weekend to you!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2019/12/01

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good to see and share some different price range options!

      Delete
  41. Or my god, I love everything you wear, and your photographs are beautiful, I love your vibe, keep it up

    www.lavieenrosechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a divine obsession, I love this article
    www.lavieenrosechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! These are great ideas! I've already given presents because I won't see most of my loved ones during the holidays. Because Russia is too big a country to get from one city to another, you need to spend a lot of time on the road(
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice you could still get them gifts though! :)

      Delete
  44. I'll take all those bags! Haha! I love finding real leather bags second hand because the prices are just so good!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Loved all your picks dear! They're all really great!
    Adi xx | www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is is so nice. Lovely picks
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/12/its-5-days-to-christmas-are-your.html

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...