Friday 26 May 2023

Cosy Cardigans and Skinny Jeans With Pink Tanks

Pink tops, skinny jeans and cosy cardigan outfits for work recently. One day working from home, the other in the office. Both outfits are accessorised with my beautifully hand painted mini MAB tote bag, which goes perfectly with pink even though there is no pink in the design.


What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila | awayfromblue


Jacket: thrifted no label black and white leopard print cardigan
Necklace: thrifted purple wooden bead statement necklace
TopAsos satin singlet in pink
Jeans: Dannii Minogue denim high waist skinny jean in ecru
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

I think this outfit will be as close as I ever get to monochrome white! Since autumn temperatures arrived in Brisbane at last I have been embracing all my jeans, and this white pair especially. I was so excited to get theses jeans from my mum for Christmas and had so many outfits in mind for them, just had to wait for the perfect weather. They have been on frequent repeat lately. I wasn't sure if the white leopard print cardigan would be too much white with these jeans, especially with the white Converse too, but I think that the bold pink tank and the lilac necklace added enough colour in-between that this really worked.

I really enjoyed this cosy cardigan for the school drop off in the morning, and working from home. I didn't need it in the afternoon though, it warmed up nicely and we spent a little time at the playground after school and ran a couple of errands too.

Might be the first time I've ever tried leopard print and florals together, and I'm glad I did as I really liked this combination.






What I wore:


black outfit, floral bag, Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: thrifted Dotti black cocoon cape cardigan
Necklace: thrifted gold large double circle necklace
Tank: Willow & Thread hot pink tank from Sheila's wardrobe
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

A much darker outfit this time with the black skinny jeans and black cardigan. Still went with white sneakers though. These Adidas Superstar ones were an opshop find, as was the cardigan. I don't think that the photos do this outfit justice, it kinda looks a bit like a black blob, but I adored this cosy cocoon cardigan and black jeans combination. The hot pink tank, a gift from Sheila, was the perfect pop with this. And it was such a surprise to get into the office and realise that all the ladies in my team were wearing black and pink or black or pink that day - unintentional matching!

I always like taking this little hand painted bag to the office, it's so nice to stare at on my desk all day.


Last worn: cocoon cardiganpink tank, gold necklace, Nobody Denim skinny jeans, Adidas Superstar sneakers, hand painted mini MAB tote (above).

Other ways to wear cocoon cardigan and print, pink tank and skirt, Nobody Denim skinny jeans and blazer, Adidas Superstar sneakers and dress, hand painted mini MAB tote and maxi skirt.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

11 comments:

  1. I just adore the bag! The painted details are gorgeous!

    Eileen | yesmissy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on mixing leopard with florals, Mica! That is definitely my favourite outfit, particularly with the pink top and purple necklace. The second outfit does look a bit dark for me, but I do understand the difficulties of properly catching certain outfits on camera. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When everyone shows up in the same color, you have to say that you meant to do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love seeing how you style that bag! I love your almost-all-white outfit - you look cool as a cucumber, Mica! The cardigan is lovely and a good way to add some more visual interest to your look, even if you didn't need it all day. I love seeing the pink top - it looks fabulous on you! Ha, that always seems to happen - we all sync up at the office.

    Have a fantastic weekend, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these outfits. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those white jeans are so cute! I love that you paired them with a colourful top. Such a gorgeous combination!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute look!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your bag acts as like a little source of delight on your desk! I would totally do something similar. (Though I do have Pudge to keep me company these days with WFH :)) Love that you and your co-workers were matching! I do sometimes miss the days of working at my old job because that office setting was predominantly female, and conversations about clothes, nail polish, bags--all that fun stuff--were inevitable throughout the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good example of how bright pink can compliment so many different color schemes. Love both looks, Mica,
    OOXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these looks, they go so well together! :) I especially love that leopard cardigan, it looks so cozy and pretty!

    Wishing you a wonderful week, my friend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...