Wednesday 31 May 2023

Cardigans, Converse and Colourful Jeans With Striped Tees And Yellow Bags

Proper autumn weather in Brisbane meant getting out my knits and jeans! I have quite a collection of colourful jeans, and I like them as an alternative to the traditional blue denim. While both of these outfits are very different colours, I like the fun yellow bags with both.


What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Necklace: Colette marble and gold pendant drop long necklace
Tee: thrifted Cotton On orange and white stripe The One crew neck tee
JeansSass & Bide The Winning Day Lovestate jeans in magenta
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold


Why I wore it:

This was a busy day! While there was the usual routine of the school run and working from home for me, we had a few errands to run in the afternoon, and we had a big makeover of the stick insect enclosures at home that evening. That was the only time I regretted wearing this cute grey cardigan, as the ties on it kept getting tangled up in the branches and leaves! It was just the perfect light weight for the rest of the day, just got a bit messy at home that evening!

I think this is the first time I've tried the trio of orange and pink and yellow together. I really like yellow and pink together, the mustard bag looks so good with the magenta jeans. I thought the orange striped tee would be a fun touch with the magenta, but you really don't notice it too much. It made this colourful trio a lot more easy to wear, it didn't feel too bold!


Last worn: grey wrap cardigan, orange stripe tee, marble necklace, magenta Sass and Bide jeans, white Converse, mustard micro Regan bag.

Other ways to weargrey wrap cardigan and printed jeans, orange stripe tee and skirt, magenta Sass and Bide jeans and tie dye, white Converse and pencil skirt, mustard micro Regan bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.


Ways to Wear Colourful Bags:





What I wore:


green jeans with  Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip  | awayfromblue


Jacket: thrifted Dotti black cocoon cape cardigan
Tee: thrifted navy stripe Coca-Cola logo tee
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip 


Why I wore it:

I needed this cosy black cocoon cardigan in the morning, but later in the day it had warmed up enough that I didn't need it! I left it in the car when I took a little break from working from home to go see my son get an award at school in the afternoon. While the green jeans and the yellow bag are quite a bright combination, the navy striped tee was a good neutral. 

Looking at the photos though, I probably should have tried tucking this tee in. These jeans are low waisted so I don't do that too often, and with the long cardigan I thought the tee untucked would work better, but if I wore this again I'd definitely tuck in the tee at the front.


Last worn: black cocoon cardigan, navy Coca-Cola tee, green skinny jeans, black Converse, yellow mini 5-zip bag.

Other ways to wearblack cocoon cardigan and denim skirt, navy Coca-Cola tee and maxi skirt, green skinny jeans worn 30 ways, black Converse and dress, yellow mini 5-zip bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

9 comments:

  1. You really can't go wrong with striped tees and colourful jeans, and the possibilities are truly endless!
    I'm loving the pops of yellow/mustard with both outfits, but the first outfit is my favourite. The pairing of magenta and mustard is absolutely brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really can't go wrong with a pop of yellow! I had to go back and look for the orange in the first outfit - you're right, the stripes don't read orange in the pics - they totally look pink here. I love seeing you experiment with colour, Mica! I agree, front-tuck would be good with that tee, but it's still a cute outfit.

    Have a great end of week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different color denim is great. I'm always looking to add those pieces to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoy colored jeans over blue jeans.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these casual chic looks! The colored denim is perfect.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post makes me want to invest in some colorful jeans! I love a pop of color!
    Have a great week!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | instagram.com/iamperlita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the pops of color in outfit #1! It's giving me some great summery outfit inspo, which is perfect since we're just about heading into summer here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and yellow are such a great combo!

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cardigans are my favorite, and you always have the prettiest ones, my friend! I love both of these outfits, and that's so exciting that you son won an award at school! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...