Monday 10 April 2023

Denim Skirts, Navy Tees And Printed Cover Ups With Mini 5-Zip Bags | Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, sharing two denim skirt and navy tee outfits I wore recently for the work from home and school run days, with bright cover ups and some colourful Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bags.


What I wore:

kmart tropical palm print cover up with navy tee and distresed denim skirt and sneakers | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware | awayfromblue


Jacket: thrifted Kmart blue and pink palm print cover up (new purchase)
Necklace: thrifted silver and turquoise multi strand necklace (new purchase)
Tee: Jeanswest Sophie navy v-neck tee
Skirt: JayJays distressed denim mini skirt
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware 


Why I wore it:

Wearing a couple of my recent opshop finds here! This turquoise and silver necklace seems like such an obvious pairing with the turquoise palm print of my cover up. The necklace was $2 and the cover up just $1!

Going a little matchy-matchy I went with a navy tee again to match the navy in the print, and then a distressed denim skirt that goes with everything. The pink iris Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag wasn't a perfect match to the pink in the print, but I liked how it went with the outfit anyway.

Had the usual routine of working from home and doing the school pickup, as well as finishing up my work day a little early to see my son's sports day at school. Comfortable shoes were a must have for standing on the side lines to cheer him on.


Last worn: navy tee, distressed denim skirt, Sketchers, Rebecca Minkoff pink iris mini 5-zip. First time I've worn the necklace and the cover up as they are recent thrift finds.

Other ways to wearnavy tee and green shorts, distressed denim skirt and leopard print, Sketchers and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff pink iris mini 5-zip and floral dress.



What Fits Inside: Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5-Zip







What I wore:

navy tee, white denim skirt, green duster, yellow mini 5-zip bag | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip | awayfromblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Delilah long line kimono in green floral
Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart charm long necklace
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
SkirtTarget classic denim skirt in white
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff yellow mini 5 zip 


Why I wore it:

Another navy tee, this time with a white denim skirt I picked up recently in the Target end of summer clearance sale. I have the same skirt in black I thrifted a while back, so had to get this one in white when I saw it on sale!

Because I really like navy and green together, I added this green duster on top. I still felt that the outfit could use a little more colour though, so went with the yellow Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag that was the perfect pop against the green of the duster.

Probably could have chosen a colourful necklace with this too, but thought I'd let the bag be the bright pop of colour. Didn't have too much time to try on other necklace options with trying to get the kids out the door to school, so I could get back home in time to log on and work from home before picking them up in the afternoon and running a couple of errands.



Weekday Wear Linkup #215


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

22 comments:

  1. Both of these outfits are super cute! Your kimonos are gorgeous!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of the denim skirts and kimonos! Need to try this myself. Thanks so much for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to wear some of my kimonos in the next couple of weeks: they need a time to shine!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these outfits, Mica! They are so colorful with the kimonos and purses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kimonos Mica. You always looks so nice with all of your outfits. I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue + pink and blue + green are such winning combos, and I love the pop of yellow with the green one. Great deals on your new items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these looks with the cute denim skirts! All of the denim is so on trend, right now. Your colorful floral dusters give both outfits an elevated boho style. Thanks for the link up and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two simple but perfect weekday outfits. Loving the kimonos you added to both as well as those cute Rebecca Minkoff mini bags! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prefect summer outfits. I can't wait to pull out my denim skirts.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pink palm cover up is such a great piece. I just love it! The purse you paired with it is perfection! I love the white skirt as well. What a beautiful and versatile piece to have in your wardrobe! I hope you have a fantastic week.

    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the best reason to have colorful kimonos in your closet. Just look how they changed up the looks so fabulously.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are really cute outfits! I love the combination of blue and white. It such a classic! The pop of color with the handbags are a great choice and I love your yellow RM bag. Such a pretty shade!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are really cute outfits! I love the combination of blue and white. It such a classic! The pop of color with the handbags are a great choice and I love your yellow RM bag. Such a pretty shade!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Los dos outfits muy bonitos, pero me quedo con el segundo, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh denim and navy is just so perfect for the warmer months or the in-between months. Both looks are super casual chic, and youthful and look super comfortable too. The kimonos and the RM bags round out the looks. Love it!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am totally digging both these skirts, Mica! Even though I can't wear white, there's just something so classic with white denim:) And love both the RM bags too:)
    PS Thank you so much for the bday greeting:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You wear denim skirts so well. I love both of these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely LOVE such denim skirts! So cute and so trendy too this season. I am all in for practical and this is what practical skirts looks to me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of your wraps look beautiful. I really love the colors in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mica, these are next-level outfits - both are superb examples of luxe casual and you make it look easy! I love the pink purse in the first outfit, and the yellow one in the second is perfection. Thanks so much for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These outfits are more great examples of styling kimonos and bright colors! I love them both. =)

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  22. The two kimonos/cover ups are both gorgeous. The first one coordinates so beautifully with your pink bag. Hope you're having a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...