Wednesday 22 March 2023

Striped Tees, Kmart Linen Shorts and Aqua Mini MAC Bag

Both of these colourful Kmart linen shorts have come in so helpful this summer. I was happy to stumble across them in the opshop back in December, they have been getting a lot of wear since I thrifted them. This time around I'm just pairing them with basic striped tees, and a fun aqua Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag that does with everything.


What I wore:




Necklace: Colette marble and gold pendant drop long necklace
TeeCotton On "The One" fitted v tee in Cole stripe white moonlight
Shorts: thrifted Kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts 
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather (get it in pink)


Why I wore it:

This was a busy day! Before dropping the kids off at school, the little one had an appointment in the city, and then it was off to school for him, and working from home for me before I picked them both up in the afternoon.

Wore my comfortable Sketchers sneakers for the driving in peak hour traffic! And I did like how they matched with the navy stripes on this tee. With the loose, slightly oversized style it didn't look quite right fully tucked into the shorts, I liked the little blouson effect here from not fully tucking it in all the way, although the tee did ride up a little through the day.

The magenta and gold marble necklace was a nice bit of matchy-matchy with the bright fuchsia of the shorts. And I really liked the pop of colour from the aqua mini MAC bag, even though it doesn't match anything in the outfit, turquoise and magenta always look great together!


Last worn: navy stripe tee, marble and gold necklace, Kmart fuchsia linen shorts, Sketchers, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag.

Other ways to wearnavy stripe tee and maxi skirt, Kmart fuchsia linen shorts and printed cover up, Sketchers and floral dress, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC bag in second trimester.


5 Different Ways To wear The Chain Strap On The Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC:








What I wore:




Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
TeeAtmos&Here oversized stripe tee
Shorts: thrifted Kmart cumin linen blend pull on shorts
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather (get it in pink)


Why I wore it:

Stripes and shorts yet again! After a big day the day at the theme park, it was a very quiet weekend day, with not much to do but a trip to the playground and library.

Just as with the outfit above, I again went with the bright Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag, and bright linen shorts. These orange ones have a paper bag waist which I've hidden under the fabric of the striped tee - you can see the waist detail better this previous time I wore them. This tee is a little more fitted than the first one so it stayed in place all day which was good, and I liked how the very neutral grey and white stripes let the bag and shorts be the focus of the outfit.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

17 comments:

  1. love this casual style! you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanto el primer look, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both outfits are wonderful! The shorts are just the best, because the colours are so pretty and look great with lots of different pieces. That purse is so gorgeous as well. What a beautiful colour <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such great bright colours, that go with a lot in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  4. Glad you have been enjoying your summer time. Also love how you dress is related able clothing.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those gorgeous linen shorts were a great find indeed, and I totally get why they have been life-savers this Summer. I particularly love the fuchsia ones! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the contrast of the aqua bag with both looks! Those pinks shorts are fabulous!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute idea! I love wearing shorts during the hot days and these look so comfortable. I would totally wear something like this when the weather allows me to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely been linen weather here recently!

      Delete
  8. Excellent outfits, Mica! I love the pops of turquoise, and you have me longing for my own turquoise pieces that I'll be seeing soon for the change of season. I like the bloused tee in the first outfit and I do think the proportions are better on the 2nd with the tee left untucked. Paperbag waists are hard to wear, esp when you have larger boobs, from my experience.

    Have a fantastic weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am finding it a tricky paper bag waist pair to wear sometimes, but it's also making me try new things so I'm still having fun with these shorts :)

      Delete
  9. Such a cute outfit! You look adorable <3

    Love,
    Krissi of the marquise diamond
    https://www.themarquisediamond.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your outfits style, thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. These colours suit you so well Mica! Great outfits with shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both colors of shorts are so vibrant and fun! They go perfectly with a neutral striped tee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...