Monday 16 January 2023

Thrifted Camis, Cover Ups and Black Denim with Mini 5-Zip Bags | Weekday Wear Link Up

Just before Christmas, my local opshop had a "fill a bag for $10" sale that I made the most of! For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, I'm sharing a couple of outfits where I wore a few of the pieces for the first time. The camis and cover ups in each of these outfits are thrifted.


What I wore:

rose cami with black shorts embroidered cover up green crossbody bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: thrifted Kmart black and white embellished cover up
Necklace: Roie Designs multi chain layered beaded necklace
Top: thrifted Kmart dusty rose cami
ShortsJeanswest Sara distressed hot short
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag


Why I wore it:

This looked like a nice basic cami when I was in the opshop, so I added it to my bag. It proved a little tricky to style when I got it home though - I don't have a lot of this dusty rose pink in my wardrobe, so I went with simple black and white clothing pieces to wear with it. The black denim shorts and necklace were a nice bit of matchy-matchy with the black embroidery on the coverup.

Then just to try something different I wore my little green mini 5-zip bag. We went to the playground in the morning, to tire the kids out a little before we had some electricians over working on the house in the afternoon. My friend stopped by in the evening too so we could exchange Christmas presents - it was nice to catch up in person again! Even if it was too warm to chat for long.

For a super hot day this was a really good outfit. Even though we were out of the sun during the heat of the day as we had to be home for the electricians, I couldn't turn the AC on because of the work they were doing.


Last worn: black multi strand necklace, black denim shorts, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff green mini 5-zip bag. First time I've worn the embroidered cover up and the cami as they are recent thrift finds.

Other ways to wearblack denim shorts and stripes, studded sandals and floral dress, Rebecca Minkoff green mini 5-zip bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancystudded sandals in second trimester.


What's Inside My Bag : Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5-Zip





What I wore:

double denim with distressed mini skirt chambray singlet and digital print cover up pink crossbody bag | awayfromblue

digital print cover up with Rebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: thrifted digital print no label kimono
Necklace: Colette marble and gold pendant drop long necklace
Top: thrifted no label chambray tie strap cami
SkirtNobody Denim Piper vacation skirt in black distressed denim
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Mini 5 zip in pink iris with gold hardware 


Why I wore it:

This was another busy day! I was looking forward to wearing this chambray cami - a last minute addition to my $10 opshop sale bag. I saw it hanging on the end of a rack as I was trying to go through everything I had picked up to fit into the bag and threw it in when I realised it had space. I'll need to wear it without the cover up next time, as it has really cute tie straps! The cover up was needed for a little sun protection though.

We had a playdate with friends in the morning, and then a trip to the library in the afternoon before making a start on baking some treats for the upcoming Christmas eve celebrations (as I wore this back in December!).

With the pink in the marble necklace, magenta on the cover up and vivid pink of the Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag don't all match, I thought they were close enough together to make my matchy-matchy self happy. I'll definitely have to wear these accessories together again!


Last worn: digital print cover up, marble necklace, Nobody Denim skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff iris pink mini 5-zip bag. First time I've won the chambray cami as it's a recent opshop find.

Other ways to weardigital print cover up over a dress, Nobody Denim skirt and leopard print, Rebecca Minkoff iris pink mini 5-zip bag and magenta jeans.




How You Can Wear It:

A simple cami is an easy choice on a hot summer day with denim. A light printed or embroidered cover up can add a little sun protection without overheating you too.



Weekday Wear Linkup #203


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

34 comments:

  1. Love these cami/kimono combos! I adore the print on the second kimono especially. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your camisoles are really pretty and great finds with the kimonos: I especially love the first black and white one. Filling a bag for $10 sounds like a great deal!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing deal - I'm so pleased, can't stop talking about it, haha!

      Delete
  3. You have quite the collection of kimonos! I love the second one and how it coordinates with your light blue top and pink bag. I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do love them so much, they are perfect cover ups!

      Delete
  4. Love your op shop finds-what great bargains! All of your finds will be very versatile and the embroidered kimono goes perfectly with your style. Hope you have a good week and thanks for hosting the link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dusty rose cami is so beautiful. I'm glad you found something to pair with it. The first outfit is just fabulous from head to toe. That green purse was an excellent choice. I always love how you incorporate colour into your outfits. How fun that you were able to see your friend and exchange Christmas presents! Obsessed with the second look as well. That top is gorgeous and the colour works really well with that kimono. Definitely sounds like life has been busy lately. Hopefully you will get a chance to relax soon!

    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm getting a lot of wear from it now, although I thought it was tricky at first! It's nice to have a new shade in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  6. You got some great pieces from that sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both outfits, Mica, but like Shannon above, I'm particularly fond of that dusty pink one. The colour really suits you:) And that's so awesome you always take the kids to the library. I remember that post where you said you read 139 books last year! So so awesome! Which one are your faves?
    Anyhoo, hope you're having a great day/night so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking I should start sharing more on my blog about the books I've read and loved, but even on goodreads where I track I just add stars not a review, haha!

      Delete
  8. These are both really cute outfits, Mica! I love the pop of green from the bag in the first. Your matching of the pink/magentas in the second outfit is really accomplished - you have the bluey-pink tones just right. Well done! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead - thank you for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! i just love all shades of blue and pink together, and really liked that outfit too!

      Delete
  9. Both of these looks are so pretty and look comfy too, which is always a plus! I always love your kimonos - I need more of those in my closet!

    Wishing you a great rest of your week, my friend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of your summer outfits, Mica, you looking lovely, the cover-ups have nice details and your handbags are gorgeous. Hope you are having a good week. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sale really did good by you Mica. I just love how you incorporated both camis into these looks.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both lovely casual outfits, Mica! I love the pink and blue camis and the color they add to your looks. =)

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even if your cami was a bit difficult to style, you would never know it! I love this look with all the black and white! That kimono is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the chambray top styled, too. Those straps looked quite interesting in your video!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try wearing it without a cover up next time!

      Delete
  14. Muy guapa, me gustaron los kimonos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute camis but i am stuck on your kimonos again. You look absolutely incredibly pretty on these photos (and always too)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are two great outfits, Mica! My particular favourite is the first one, which strikes the perfect balance between mixing and matching! And I love any kind of green with any kind to pink, so a real winner for me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried these shades of pink and green together before but I really liked it too!

      Delete
  17. Those tanks and bags all look so nice! I'm jealous of your warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hear you on the rose cami color issue - I have some pieces like that in colors that don't quite match anything. It can be a great impetus to play around with combination you might not otherwise try!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that bag+ kimono combo!
    So fresh and summery! :D
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So good.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can I just say how jealous I am of your warm weather clothes? It is so cold and rainy and snowy here. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can never go wrong with a basic cami.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the bright colors from both of these bags! I really like how the pink bag looks with your kimono in the second outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your outfits are making me want to go someplace warm! I'm so jealous!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. The camis are lovely! And I don’t think I’ve ever seen either of the kimonos before.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While the second one is an old favourite, I just thrifted that first one recently, this was the first time I wore it :)

      Delete
  26. Thank you for your comments - and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...