Thursday 20 October 2022

Navy Stripe Outfits and Olive Mini Darren Crossbody Bag

Wearing my recently purchased Rebecca Minkoff mini Darren bag again, with some navy striped outfits. I really like the way the little olive bag looks with navy!


What I wore:

stripe tee and jeans outfit with converse mustard cardigan and olive mini bag | awayfromblue

mustard cardigan and Rebecca Minkoff olive mini Darren | awayfromtheblue



Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
Necklace: Jeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff olive mini Darren


Why I wore it:

I figured I'd give this mustard cardigan another wear for spring before it warmed up too much. Ended up taking it off at school pick up in the afternoon, as it turned into a really nice day. Did love the pop of colour it added to the navy stripe tee and black skinny jeans in the morning on the school run though! I like how the little olive micro Darren bag looks against the mustard too. Wasn't sure what necklace would work with this outfit so picked my classic turquoise tassel one - turquoise goes with everything!

After dropping the kids off at school I had a couple of errands to run before working from home. Then after picking the kids up I took the little one to an appointment and we drove down the coast to see my parents for a bit before heading home for dinner. Despite being a little too warm in the cardigan in the afternoon for school pickup, I did really like this comfortable jeans and tee outfit for all the running around.


Last worn: mustard cardigan, turquoise tassel necklace, navy stripe tee, faded black skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff olive micro Darren bag.

Other ways to wearmustard cardigan and printed jeans, navy stripe tee and maxi skirt, faded black skinny jeans and knitted poncho, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff olive micro Darren bag and neutral dress.

Perfect for pregnancynavy stripe tee in third trimesterblack Converse in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Bag Reveal From The Real Real:






What I wore:

kmart navy white striped shift dress with converse rebecca minkoff mini darren bag | awayfromblue

white striped dress, Rebecca Minkoff olive mini Darren | awayfromblue


Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
Dress: thrifted Kmart white and navy long sleeve stripe tee dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff olive mini Darren


Why I wore it:

I overdressed for this day too! It was a cold and cloudy morning with a bit of rain, although the sun started to peek out just as I took outfit pics before we left. I'd planned to wear a short sleeved dress but thought this long sleeved navy and white stripe one would be better, with all the rain predicted. We stopped by a little open air market in the morning, hoping to get in before the rain came back, but as we were walking around the clouds cleared and it was so hot and sunny. I regretted going for the long sleeve dress!

Thankfully the library was our next stop and was the perfect temperature with the aircon. It was a good place to cool off at before a trip to the playground (and a little bit of time hunting for some leaves and sticks to redo our insect enclosures again).

As I had a big reusable tote for collecting sticks and carrying water bottles, I stuck with this little mini Darren bag I'd been using the day before. I did spend some cash at the markets though and quickly realised I need to use a coin purse if I'm going to put change in this bag! The leather is unlined so it's quite floppy and a few coins spilled out when I set the bag down on a bench at the playground.


Last worn: navy stripe shift dress, navy and gold beaded necklace, Converse (above), Rebecca Minkoff mini Darren bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy stripe shift dress and leather jacket, Converse and skirt, Rebecca Minkoff mini Darren bag and dark dress.

Perfect for pregnancyblack Converse in third trimester



How You Can Wear It:

Navy and olive look so good together! If you're unsure about trying blue and green, you could pair a little olive accessory like this mini bag with navy and white stripes, like I have in these outfits with the tee and dress.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

27 comments:

  1. So cute, love it!!
    Hope you have a great day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowwww
    so nice
    The first look is lovely *-* and the second wonderful
    Thanks for sharing
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet little purse, Mica - such a pretty colour! It looks great with both outfits - my favourite is the yellow cardi look (because: yellow cardi!), but they are both awesome. That stripey dress is amazing on you!

    Sounds like the bug collection is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with all the bugs, haha! The boys love them though!

      Delete
  4. Spring and Autumn can be very tricky for picking an outfit. I've lost count of the times I overdressed in the last couple of weeks. It's chilly in the morning and then it warms up in the afternoon, so layering is essential.
    I'm loving the pop of mustard from the cardigan in the first outfit, and the long-sleeved dress is gorgeous, even if it ended up not being the right choice! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes until it evens out temperature wise it has been very tricky to dress for!

      Delete
  5. That little purse does go with everything. It's just neutral enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stripe clothes! Your dress is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh yes, love the mustard with the olive green, such a great combo! The bag was a lovely purchase!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little disappointed at first it was olive when it was listed as brown but given how practical it's been I think it's been worn more because of that colour!

      Delete
  8. The purse is so adorable. I also love the yellow cardigan with the stripes.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  9. That olive bag is so cute! I haven't seen many olive bags before. It goes well with your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a common bag colour at all, but I think it looks great in this tiny size!

      Delete
  10. Me encanto el sueter vestido del segundo outfit, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your purse, its cute. The strip dress is also lovely.

    Have a beautiful weekend
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2022/10/halloween-nail-art-designs.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey cool outfits, suit perfectly to you, happy friday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love blue and green together, but I'm not sure I've paired blue stripes with olive green. Bravo!!!
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mini Darren bag is just the size I like!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a huge fan of yellow and adore your yellow cardigan! It’s such a great piece and a pop of color. I also love your RM Darren bag. I missed this one when I didn’t buy it when I had the chance. It’s so cute and totally my style!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this mini version of it, it's a very cute design!

      Delete
  16. I like the combination of a blue striped top and blue sneakers with white lace stripes👍

    ReplyDelete
  17. One can never go wrong with stripes:) Loving both outfits, Mica, and that Darren bag is super cute as well! Also loving the pop of colour with the mustard cardi:)
    Hope you're having an awesome weekend so far:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Darren bag is such a great neutral alternative to black! The yellow pops so well against it too! The olive Darren also looks so good against that cute striped dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are rocking these looks. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  20. The mustard color looks fantastic with the olive. Loving both of these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...