Thursday 25 August 2022

Black, Burgundy and Grey Jeans Outfits With Turquoise Bag

Two burgundy, black and grey jeans and tee outfits, accessorised with my little turquoise Balenciaga First bag. Both outfits have similar colour schemes and follow the same basic formula, but I didn't love them both equally!


What I wore:

burgundy tee and turquoise accessories with black and white knit and grey jeans and sneakers | awayfromtheblue

cosy black and white knit with Balenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India | awayfromtheblue


JacketRebecca Minkoff Ruana poncho
Necklace: rose gold and turquoise beaded necklace
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
JeansNobody Denim Cult high rise skinny ankle jeans in charred grey
ShoesAdidas Stan Smith sneakers in white and navy
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit! Taking full advantage of this cosy knitted poncho, I didn't need to wear a scarf in that winter morning, so I chose this little turquoise and gold beaded necklace. While it's lighter than the almost teal turquoise of the Balenciaga First bag, I really liked the two together, and loved the colour they added to the deep burgundy (almost purple) tee. The grey Nobody Denim jeans were a sale find last year and they really should be worn more, such a nice wash that goes with everything!

Comfy sneakers for a quiet day with working from home and the school run. I thought that these white Stan Smiths went nicely with the white pattern on the knit. Such a comfortable outfit, I really liked this.


Last worn: knitted kimono, burgundy tee, turquoise beaded necklace, grey Nobody Denim jeans, Stan Smith sneakers, Balenciaga turquoise first bag.

Other ways to wearknitted kimono and print mixing, burgundy tee and orange skirt, grey Nobody Denim jeans and blazer, Stan Smith sneakers and black jeans, Balenciaga turquoise first bag and denim dress.

Perfect for pregnancyburgundy tee in second trimester.


My Blue Handbag Collection:






What I wore:

black, burgundy and grey cardigan and jeans outfit with skull scarf and Balenciaga first bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India with grey and burgundy | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Scarfred and black skull print scarf
Tee: thrifted black and white space dye peplum tee
Jeans: Jeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit above so much, I planned to wear an outfit with a similar formula a few days later. With burgundy jeans this time, a black tee, and a grey cardigan. Again I went with the little Balenciaga bag which I think goes so well with this outfit.

The day was a lot colder than I expected though, and so I ended up changing the black scoop neck tee that I'd planned to wear out with this crew neck peplum tee, and added a scarf. As these were last minute changes before rushing out the door to get the kids to school I'm really not sure all the pieces worked as well together as the pieces in the outfit above did. I felt maybe a plain black tee like I'd planned would have been better with the skull print scarf. Although I liked the colours in this outfit, definitely felt more comfortable in the first one. Luckily it was another similar day, with the school run, working from home and then a little errand in the afternoon, so it was quite quiet.


Last worn: grey cardigan, peplum tee, red skull scarf, burgundy jeans, Converse, Balenciaga first bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and green jeans, peplum tee and shorts, red skull scarf and red knit, burgundy jeans and floral kimono, Converse and dressBalenciaga first bag and pink dress.

Perfect for pregnancyred skull scarf in third trimester, Converse in second trimester.


How You Can Wear It:

Jeans and a tee is always a staple, and adding a little burgundy with the grey and black neutrals is a nice way to add some more colour to your outfit. A little colourful bag is an extra pop too!




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

34 comments:

  1. Pretty outfit for the school runs. I'm normal in my workout clothes when I drop baby girl off at school.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do any formal exercise, just running around with the kids, so my athleisure wear is very neglected, haha!

      Delete
  2. That first outfit's ruanna is lovely (I didn't know Minkoff made clothing!). The scarf in the 2nd outfit (yay, McQueen!) reads as navy/burgundy so I think all the colours actually work really well together, but I know how discombobulating a last-minute change (or two!) can make you feel about an outfit. The warm burgundy/reds in the 2nd look are really lovely, Mica! Woo, almost the weekend! Have a good one, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sadly I can only order the clothing online so I haven't been brave enough to try too many pieces, but this knit was a safe bet, one size fits all, and so cosy! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the burgundy and turquoise together! What a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favourite is mine too, Mica! That first outfit is gorgeous and works really well. Never mind the beads being a lighter turquoise than that lovely bag. I think the burgundy and turquoise together are stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really need to wear burgundy and turquoise together more often!

      Delete
  5. Ame el primer outfit, el kimono es hermoso, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pesky weather. Didn't it know you'd already planned your outfit? Very rude. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both looks are fantastic! I just adore that red and black skull print scarf. That is SUCH a cool piece. It's hard when you have a different outfit planned, but then the weather forces you to switch things up...but I love the way the second look turned out!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might have to give the original one I had planned a go - I think it would have worked out better for sure.

      Delete
  8. Both these looks are wonderful. The ruana poncho is beautiful.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny how sometimes the outfits don't look like we think they would when we put them together. I sometimes end up changing shirts several times before being satisfied. Or I like it until I take a picture and realize it isn't what I hoped the look would be. I really like the colors in the 2nd one but I agree that maybe a black tee would be a better contrast.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I end up taking pics before I go out the door so no time to review them or make last minute outfit changes sadly, haha! Always feel like the mornings are hectic trying to get everything ready for school!

      Delete
  10. Every time you wear that skull scarf I remember how much I love it. It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fun print, I love the ones I have even as the trend gets older and older, haha!

      Delete
  11. The burgundy + turquoise combination has me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute looks Mica! I love the skull scarf and the color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both outfits looks so cozy, edgy and fun. I love your knitted poncho! It's always nice to have quiet days and the fact that you did is a plus! The skull scarf is such a fun scarf to wear and I'm really finding it to be super eye-catching. Hoping you will wear it again in another outfit ;) We are having quite a rainy spell over here and your outfits are totally right for this weather :)

    Wishing you a splendid weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both your outfits Mica and the way you have styled them with perfection. The color combos and the accessories are just perfect :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice outfits, like always
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Have a nice weekend :D
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't go wrong with burgundy and black! It's such a great combination. Your Balenciaga bag is the perfect pop of color! Love how unique it looks.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the turquoise necklace against that burgundy top Mica. It reminds me of an upcoming post I'm working on,
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes turquoise and burgundy are so nice together, I need to wear the combination more!

      Delete
  18. Super cute gray top! Even though you weren't in love with it, I think you look great! And comfy, which is perfect for errands, and working from home.

    Best Wishes
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally love the knitted poncho with the turquoise / teal accessories! Hope your week is off to a great start.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these looks especially, the pops of colour add such a nice touch. Hope you are having a lovely week.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/08/5-things-you-need-to-know-about.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. this necklace is everything. and one more kimono to lust over for me! the first look is so good I have a hard time remembering the other, sorry. and it always is a bummer when the weather turns to cold and messes up with your outfit plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is definitely my favourite too :)

      Delete
  22. Fantastic outfits, Mica. You always layer and accessorize so well. I really like that poncho. The cardigan is also very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all for your kind comments

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...