Thursday 9 January 2014

Back In the Office: Striped Shirt and Pencil Skirt | Asos Pink Singlet and Tartan Checks, Sarah Conners Bag

Here's what I wore for my first day back at work after my break:
Away From Blue rolled sleeve shirt over pencil skirt untucked office wear

Sunglasses: gifted Rayban new Wayfarers
Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
Shirt: gifted Target mint stripe shirt
SkirtAsos tailored tab front pencil skirt in grey
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual plus Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
Bag: gifted Corelli metallic and white handbag


Sadly, it was time for me to go back to work on Wednesday. Dressed a little lazily by just wearing a shirt over a pencil skirt, and tied my hair back in a messy bun. This shirt is a Christmas gift from my parents, and it's so soft and comfortable! I'm not normally a shirt person as I hate ironing, but I am more than happy to make an exception for this one :) Will be good for casual weekend wear as well as office wear.

The bag is a recent gift too, one of my friends gave it to me for my birthday.


Last wornRaybansgrey pencil skirt, studded mouse flats.



Here's what I wore to work today:
Pink satin singlet asos checked plaid tartan panelled pencil skirt office outfit

sarah conners python bag
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TopAsos satin singlet in pink
Belt: Asos panelled pencil skirt in tartan check (new purchase, on sale)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs patent mouse flats
Bracelets: the usual plus beaded neon and gold bracelet set
BagSarah Conners python bag in ebony


Despite trying to reduce my wardrobe this year, I was swayed by the latest Asos sale. 70% off, and an extra 10% off sale with code 'AUJAN10'. Difficult to resist! I bought a top and 2 pencil skirts for work, all practical purchases I easily justified, haha. This pencil skirt is super comfortable, and it got a lot of compliments today. I'm just trying to distract myself from the fact that I just increased the number of skirts I own by another 2 pieces, as I have no intentions of getting rid of any skirts at the moment!


Last worn: pink singlet, patent mouse flats, Sarah Conners python bag. First time I've worn the skirt as it's a recent purchase.

Linking up with Three-fer Thursday, Fashion Informant, Friday's Fancies, What I Wore to Work, Casual Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

37 comments:

  1. Your second outfit is really cute!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the plaid pencil skirt. And your hair looks so cute in a messy bun!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work outfit! That top and skirt are amazing separately but look stunning when paired. This is so my kind of style :)

    www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright pink top on you, such a pretty color.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pencil skirt and untucked chambray - perfect summer office look, especially for the first day back after vacation!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the plea blue shirt :)

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that tartan pencil skirt! I discovered Asos a few months ago and have bought only winter stuff from them so far! I did score a faux fur coat from that awesome sale lol! Hey don't feel bad about the shopping. You bought prectical pieces and you will wear them a lot! It's the cost per wear that makes it perfectly ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true! They will get a great cost per wear over the next few months! Being on sale helped ;)

      Delete
  8. It's always hard going back Mica! I love that pencil skirt. The print looks fabulous on you. Definitely keep your skirts. Pencil skirts are going to be IN big time!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great necklace you're wearing with the pink top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cute ballerinas!
    Mafalda ❤
    www.mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I just can't keep myself from a sale either!! Some prices are way to good to pass up!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like both looks but the second was my favourite one due the shoes
    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're looking pretty as always, dear Mica....and your hair up is tres chic! :)
    I am just now getting back to blogland after the holidays...whew!
    Thank you so much for your lovely message, sweet friend...
    A Very Happy (and stylish) New Year to you!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. both your outfits are super cute!! I love the blue color in your first outfit, but the bag in your 2nd outfit is just adorable!
    I don't work, but I know the feeling of having to go back to school after a break and it realyl sucks!


    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the tartan skirt with the bright pink top; that’s the perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice outfit! I really like your skirt and your flats! so cute!

    lifeisashoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa, that grid print skirt in the second outfit is soooo eye catchingly trendy! I love it Mica :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the pink and black combo!! the skirt is gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really love the vibrant colour in the second look darling! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!! This is one of my fave looks on you! The color and pattern is gorgeous on you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your printed skirt! It's just the perfect length.

    Be sure to stop by my blog today, big big Stitch Fix giveaway!
    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great looks! Love your skirts!
    http://www.hiteastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. great outfits! i love the shoes in the first outfit! spikyyy!!! :) and i like the pop of color with the second one! And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am obsessed with those Marc Jacobs mouse shoes...but...must...not...buy...anymore...shoes...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know how you feel! I'm a mouse flat addict :P

      Delete
  25. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That plaid pencil skirt is awesome! Love it with the hot pink top, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Once again, that black and white skirt is a total winner.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i really love both these outfits, especially that first one - the blue shirt against the grey looks amazing!! reminds me of an acne shirt i saw someone else wear recently, i think i need to pop into target and have a nosey ;)

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best shirt! Super comfortable! :)

      Delete
  29. You have the best work style! I usually go so frumpy looking! love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I'm lucky the dress code is very relaxed, so I get to wear what I like a lot :)

      Delete
  30. love the bright top! stop by, i am hosting a giveaway! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...