Thursday 28 March 2013

Sheer Top, Burgundy Peplum Skirt, Chloe Marcie Bag | Asos Red Leopard Print Dress, Tan Accessories, Marc By Marc Jacobs Fran

Here's what I wore to work on Wednesday:
Sunnies: gifted Cotton On 'Kirsten sunnie' in yellow
Necklace: House of Harlow gold mini key pendant necklace
Bracelets: the usual plus studded and chain link Oroton leather bracelets from Designer Archives
Top: Jeanswest sheer white oversized blouse (with white Supre singlet underneath)
Skirt: Cotton On Berney skirt in zinfandel
Shoes: Wittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagChloe Marcie medium hobo bag in Nut


Tried this outfit together the night before and quite liked it - but really felt uncomfortable in it when I wore it, it just didn't seem to sit right. Won't pair these two pieces together again, I think the oversized top and the peplum were too much together. What do you think?


Last worn: yellow sunnies, sheer toppeplum skirt, studded sandals, Chloe Marcie hobo.


Shop similar:



Here's what I wore to work today:
Sunnies: gifted Cotton On 'Kirsten sunnie' in yellow
Bracelets: the usual plus gifted Ferragamo double wrap bracelet
Dress: Asos red leopard print dress with dipped hem
Belt: gifted Cotton On tan waist belt
Shoes: Wittner 'Columbia' cross strap sandals in tan
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown from Reebonz

Thought about wearing my oak Mulberry Baywsater with this but thought it added up to a bit too much tan, so swapped it out for my Fran bag instead. This dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for almost a year unworn as I keep thinking there will be a better event to wear it to. So I decided just to wear it today to work, as it is one of my favourites that hardly gets worn.

Looking forward to having a relaxing 4 day weekend!


Last worn: sunnies - above, leopard print dress, tan sandals, Marc Jacobs Fran bag.

Shop similar:


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram

29 comments:

  1. such great outfits, especially the first one! Great skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you paired that first look! Totally love that skirt on you! :)

    xxTheresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mica! if you feel uncomfortable in the first one change it up. it LOOKS good together! but i've been in those situations when it just doesn't FEEL good together. i am LOVING the second outfit. Really cool dress and I love the belt with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Kim. I'm glad it looks better to you than I felt it did, haha!

      Delete
  4. super cute!

    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually really like that first outfit! That peplum skirt is so pretty. :)

    Enter my StyleGodis jewelry giveaway here!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt and dress are gorgeous! What do you do? It seems you can dress relatively casually!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work in a business casual IT office, and my current team is very casual :) Lots of jeans being worn during the week.

      Delete
  7. Love your Wednesday work outfit - peplum skirts are unfortunately going to become dated very quickly - but I love them soooo much! Nicely styled with the boho-ish bag too!
    www.ahkavintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind it with the oversized blouse, but if it's not comfortable then maybe try something tighter? No point if you're not feeling the ensemble in my opinion anyway.

    Happy Easter
    Hope you have the most wonderful Easter Mandy!
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the other times I've worn it with more fitted tops i liked it much better :)

      Delete
  9. I love the colour of ur CHLOE HOBO!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. That burgundy skirt is so cute, love it! <333

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgoeus Marc Jacobs bag! You can't tell that you were not comfortable in the 1st outfit! Looked very chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecylia :) I think it would have looked much better if it had been a more fitted top. Next time! :)

      Delete
  12. You are so pretty! :) love your look, you're so good in dresses.
    Btw if you have a sec, you may check out my blog ;)
    agustinmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it looks sweet but maybe needed a fitted top? And OMG I wish I had bought that ASOS dress, it looks so sweet on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous outfit!!!
    http://ladybirdcastle.blogspot.ro/
    Xx,B.Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so lovely!! :))
    Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're so envious of your bag collection!!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt is really cute, but yea, maybe a more fitted top would work better. I love that dress! You look gorgeous!

    I hope you're having a lovely long weekend! I'm jealous - we didn't get any extra days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the oversized top on you though ;) that chloe bag is amazing in that colour you have!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it too! Just not with this skirt I don't think, haha.

      Delete
  19. Great peplum skirt!
    The dress is very pretty as well!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for your lovely comments and input on that odd outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...