Wednesday 4 July 2012

Star Print Scarf and Jersey Dress, Acne Pistol Boots, Rebecca Minkoff Nikki Bag

Here's what I wore to work today:
JacketTemt Black trench coat (similar here)
Scarf: Gifted black star print scarf from my Mum (similar here)
DressFrench Connection star dancing jersey dress in red rust/almond (similar here)
ShoesAcne pistol boots in "skin" from Miss Louise sale (similar here)
BagRebecca Minkoff Nikki in Silverstreak (similar here)

Close up of accessories:
NecklaceHouse of Harlow gold mini key pendant necklace
Bracelets: the usual plus Indigo Rose Design untreated leather glass bead wrap bracelet


The Sate of Origin final match is on tonight - so of course I had to wear maroon to show my support for Queensland. Since the dress has a polka dot star print, I thought it would be fun to wear my star print scarf with it too!
I'm not too sure about these boots with the outfit though. Do you think I should have gone for black boots instead? Wanted to keep my feet warm but comfortable, and I like the low chunky heel the pistol boots have so I picked these over my black boots. What do you think? Would you change the boots?


The trench was last worn here, scarf here, dress here, boots here and bag here.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram : Currently Obsessed

20 comments:

  1. i might have gone with black, but i'm obsessed with elongating my legs (it's tough being a shortie)
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! Hope you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I like the boots with this actually. The chunky heel sounds perfect anyway for work!
    Cute star print scarf, and of course, your bag is amazing haha :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think the contrast with the lighter boots totally works :) I like the Pistols :) Sweet outfit babe!

    xxThersea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice boots & bag! :) Great look. ANd I'm glad to see your face & especially smile. Lovely photos.

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the purse!

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scarf is really pretty :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that the color is hidden until you open your coat. (: And your shoes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely as always! I love the scarf :)

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool outfit, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bracelets are really cute. I wish it was cool enough here to wear a scarf.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey mica! i'm loving that french connection dress. so cute! again, you have the best trench coats! :D those boots look great with it. knowing me i would've gone the safe route and chose black, but those look really good.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pairing of the red dress with a black trench!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your lovely comments everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the boots with the outfit, although black would've looked fine too! Nice look!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...